Looking for a Network player/streamer w good app interface
Jul 8, 2021 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Toshu

100+ Head-Fier
I currently use an Android TV box and UAPP app to send music to my Topping D70s DAC then to my Anthem MRW1120 receiver and Krell amp to feed my JMlabs speakers. I would like something that allows me to use a reliable app to control what I am streaming, whether Tidal or my Plex music server and do it at an audiophile quality (gotta make it more wife friendly).

Although I dont mind playing and experimenting, my wife doesnt want to bother . I prefer to have a device that I can still output via USB to my existing Topping DAC, or anything else I upgrade to in the future.
Budget can be as high as $1500, although I prefer to keep it around $1000...but as mentioned before having a robust app that can be used to control music selection and streaming is critical. I would like to have the capability of plugging in a HDD directly to it as well. I have considered Cocktail audio and Cambridge audio units in that price range, but reading reviews the apps get trashed.

Jul 9, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Best app offers Bluesound Node.
I have considered a Bluesound Node but its unclear whether it will....
1. output the raw signal via USB so I can use a better standalone DAC
2. attach a HDD music library, and how big it can be and how many files it will recognize before it chokes
3. recognize and access my Plex server on the network

Jul 9, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 4
ad 1) USB output is promised in future software update, so it's hard to say now, but coax outputs raw digital data capped to it's natural limitation of 24/96.
ad 2) Yes, it works, but I have no idea of max. quantity. Official specs say 200K tracks on SMB share, which is not the same, but can give some idea.
ad 3) It should work with network NAS, but I have no personal experience with it, so try to google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back