Looking for a Headset for gaming.
Oct 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Hitoshi

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a headset for gaming on my computer and I talk to people on Ventrilo all the time so I can't decide on if I want to get a headset with mic or without one.

I was looking for a headset around 50 dollars. Would really like one that are comfortable for long periods of time.

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 12
anyone?
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 12
I really don't know of much in that price range. I've seen Equation Audio RP-21s for ~$60 sometimes but I haven't seen any for sale in a while. Those and a standalone mic would be nice (I'm actually downsizing back to that setup since I don't use headphones much anymore).

You could maybe find some Sony V6s for that used. I can't remember exactly what they go for used or how well they would work for games.

For slightly over your budget ($75 seems to be average), you could get some HD555s. The HD555s or the RP-21s would be good. If you absolutely can't go higher than $50, maybe get Sennheiser HD515s. I used them for a while and they're good enough.

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't know of much in that price range. I've seen Equation Audio RP-21s for ~$60 sometimes but I haven't seen any for sale in a while. Those and a standalone mic would be nice (I'm actually downsizing back to that setup since I don't use headphones much anymore).

You could maybe find some Sony V6s for that used. I can't remember exactly what they go for used or how well they would work for games.

For slightly over your budget ($75 seems to be average), you could get some HD555s. The HD555s or the RP-21s would be good. If you absolutely can't go higher than $50, maybe get Sennheiser HD515s. I used them for a while and they're good enough.

I would love to get some HD555's but the cheapest i could find them for was 100, You have a link for some for 75?

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid_shank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheisers have some offerings in terms of gaming headsets that are pretty good

na not really tbh. The PC350's are an overpriced joke tbh.

Oct 27, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #10 of 12
My friend buy sennheiser hd-201 it cost about 20 € here in europe,and thst´s enough...
I use my hd-201 with a creative extigy and play a lot of games and I m very happy with it...many times i told that don´t need to spend much money to have an already decent sound, this speaking in terms of sound for pc, more for the one who uses many games...

Oct 27, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 12
You should check out the headphone thread on MLGpro.com . Just search the forums for "the headphone thread" it is huge, and several years old. There is a lot of good input there, if you're willing to take the time. I love the hd595s for gaming. They don't need to be amped, and have great soundstaging for Halo 3, which is the only game that I play with them (for others, soundstaging isn't important to me, so I just use the speakers on the TV). They ( along with the 555s) are open, so if you play with teammates in the room you can hear and communicate also. It also seems that many of the mlg pros favor the 555 and 595.

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #12 of 12
I'd suggest a closed phone to avoid distractions. Is there any particular reason you are avoiding the gaming-aimed headsets with mics produced by Beyer and Sennheiser? Some sound quite good for their price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back