Looking for a headphone to replace my HE-400 (upgrade)
Oct 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Toxicz

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for some headphones to replace my pair of HE-400. I really like them, but I'm looking for something with more bass. I listen to Hip Hop 90% of the time, and I have a Schiit Stack for power.

Some pairs I had in mind were LCD-2, HE-400i, HE-500, HD 560 or TH-X00.

Really wanting something open, as you can see by the headphones I had in mind, but a lot of people were saying the TH-X00 is really good, so it's in my considerations, although I much rather prefer something open. 

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 8
I personally don't think there's much better bass with the HD560 or HE-500 so I would go with the LCD 2, HE 400i or the TH-XOO. I'd say the TH-XOO probably hits much harder than the rest. Also closed headphones tend to have more bass than open backed headphones so you would have to trade off some bass if you wanted to go with something open. I would go for the LCD 2 in that case.

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 8
  I'm currently looking for some headphones to replace my pair of HE-400. I really like them, but I'm looking for something with more bass. I listen to Hip Hop 90% of the time, and I have a Schiit Stack for power.

Some pairs I had in mind were LCD-2, HE-400i, HE-500, HD 560 or TH-X00.

Really wanting something open, as you can see by the headphones I had in mind, but a lot of people were saying the TH-X00 is really good, so it's in my considerations, although I much rather prefer something open. 

What Schiit stack do you have...HE-500s are not a headphone that a Magni can do well.

I personally don't think there's much better bass with the HD560 or HE-500 so I would go with the LCD 2, HE 400i or the TH-XOO. I'd say the TH-XOO probably hits much harder than the rest. Also closed headphones tend to have more bass than open backed headphones so you would have to trade off some bass if you wanted to go with something open. I would go for the LCD 2 in that case.

Actually the HE-500 hits harder than the LCD-2.

The LCD 2 goes down a bit deeper than the 500s

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 8
[COLOR=000000]I'm currently looking for some headphones to replace my pair of HE-400. I really like them, but I'm looking for something with more bass. I listen to Hip Hop 90% of the time, and I have a Schiit Stack for power.[/color]

[COLOR=000000]Some pairs I had in mind were LCD-2, HE-400i, HE-500, HD 560 or TH-X00.[/color]

[COLOR=000000]Really wanting something open, as you can see by the headphones I had in mind, but a lot of people were saying the TH-X00 is really good, so it's in my considerations, although I much rather prefer something open. [/color]
If you want more bass then Th X00 is what you want. He-500 is also good but not as much as the Th's . The 560's are better at everything else. 400i's don't know haven't heard them yet . LCD 2's good bass also but too lush sounding for me they are just a bit on the darker side for me but are good headphones none the less . For Hip Hop probably the Fostex would suit you better but the HE 500's are also good if you like a bit brighter sound. Just my opinion YMMV.
Good luck.

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 8
  Magni 2 and Modi 2

I own the Magni Uber 2,it handles neither my LCD 2 nor HE-500s at all.....especially the 500...hate to be the bearer of bad news,but unless youre willing to upgrade the amp,i wouldnt recommend either.

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 8
I own the Magni Uber 2,it handles neither my LCD 2 nor HE-500s at all.....especially the 500...hate to be the bearer of bad news,but unless youre willing to upgrade the amp,i wouldnt recommend either.
There you go. Amp or Th X00's. They would love a amp also.

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 8

Eh, not too bad of news honestly, kind of makes it easier to decide lol. At least I know what to upgrade in the future if I get more money. 
There you go. Amp or Th X00's. They would love a amp also.

It's kind of hard to find some TH-X00's that are at a decent price, I've been looking on Reddit, eBay and here.

Would they work well on the Magni 2 and Modi 2 though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back