1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a headphone for portable use..

1. aLm0sT
    I'm not very experienced when it comes to headphones.

I was looking for a headphone for portable use (i.e. in the train or just on the go in general).
    Genres are mainly RnB/Soul, HipHop/Rap, Pop (modern stuff) but I do listen to Rock, Dance and some acoustic as well, depending on my mood. What's important for me is that it has a decent amount of solid and deep bass without being muddy. I do DJ every once in a while but just for fun.

Was looking at the HD25-1 ii or some Ultrasones. Haven't been able to try any Ultrasones but I have tried the HD25 and I was very impressed with it's isolation as well as it's sound. I know it's favored by many people and is used for studio monitoring as well as dj-ing.

Any other headphones you guys can recommend?

2. AudioTroll
    really depends on your budget,beyerdynamic has a new one out 1335 I think its called.Audio-technica has the m-50 that gets good revius.
    german maestro has one that gets good revies to, dont remeber the model name.

use searh :) itś a good freind of mine :)

not to experianced myself,but I do love my HD-25's not heard any of the others,but read that they al have their pros and cons..
    best bet is to try and get to listen to a few more phones and see what you like.

3. aLm0sT
    Yea well I don't live close to a store where I can try things out and atm I don't have the time to either.
    I know about the beyerdynamic DT1350 but I don't think that the HD25 would be a better suit for the kind of music I listen to.

M50 look a bit too big for portable use and I think the cable was like 3 meters long or so.
    Don't know if they offer a shorter cable.

As of right now HD25 is my choice. Would just like to be certain that there aren't any other headphones that would suit me better as I haven't had the chance to try out that many headphones myself.

4. AudioTroll
    Ok..
    I say go for HD-25's :)

2 real pros for portable use, they stay put on your head no mather what you do almost, and they are so rugged.:)
    I stepped on mine,biked over them,trown them around.acidentaly steped in to the shower whit them on.and they just keep taking it :D

the cable did not survie the hedgetrimmer :/ but other than that they stod up to everything I threw at them.