Looking for a good pair of high end IEM, recommendations needed
post-7615031
Post #1 of 5

nieveulv

Head-Fier
Reaction score
As stated above, im currently looking at some IEMS for my next purchase :D Im currently located in a city which is almost impossible for me to test IEMS before purchase, therefore im leaving it to trust from the Gurus in this forum :) I got B&W P5 which im quite satisfied with, but are just to big to carry around.

Heres some information

-Budget : Below $500
-Usage : Traveling
-PMP : Apple ipad, ipod
-Music listened (altenative britrock: radiohead, the verve, muse, coldplay, oasis). rock music (hendrix, pink floyd, GNR, porcupine tree), instrumental jazz and lounge, some audiophille music and lots of new age music (chris spheeris, yanni etc etc) Basiclly quite versatile listening :D not much pop and hip hop though and no dance music

Heres some of my choices that i can get from my country and i heard good things about

-Shure se535
-ultimate ear trifi10 (heard its not as comfortable)
-westone 3
-westone 4
-westone um3x
-senheiiser ie8
-hifiman re-zero
-wait for the B&W c5
-others

Ive read the 182 IEMS review...but i need some help that will suit my the music that i listen..

I cant get my hands on 1964 products, and also audio technika ck10, ck100...

So any advice will be much appreciated
Thanks all!!

post-7616967
Post #3 of 5

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
Reaction score
If you want bassheavy IEMs yet detailed then Westone 3, Sennheiser IE8 are recommended. But if you need neutral highely detailed sound then Westone 4, UM3x,and SE535 are highely recommended.

post-7617562
Post #4 of 5

jmvdigital

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Side note... what do you think of the P5s? Are you amping them? 

post-7618273
Post #5 of 5

nieveulv

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Loved the p5. Very comfortable to wear and listen to after a long time. First listen can be a little underwhelming, but after many hours, its starting to grow on me.
Treble had very little kick, which makes it really warm sounding, but this is the reason you will not get tired after listening to it for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)