Looking for a good IEM for gaming
May 17, 2014 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kaelin

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. It's too damn hot around where I live and wearing a headphones all day gets very gross. Trying to find a good solution for a IEM. I also have longer hair, so not having to fuss with it after sessions with headphones is a plus.

ATM I have a Sennheiser HD558 that is foam modded, a Beyerdeynamics DT-880 Pro, and HAD [=*(] Audiotechnica ATH-AD900 cans. I'm trying to get something with a similar sound profile. Of those sets, I have to admit I really miss the treble in the Audiotechnica. The DT-880 is a bit too neutral for me.

Any recommendations would be a big help, I know my way a little around cans, but never really looked at IEM sets to be honest.

Edit- Forgot to mention, around the 100-170 price range.

May 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 5
I'll look into those Philips sets, gonna read some reviews. Thanks DS...

About the Koss set, at 15 bucks, I honestly doubt it will be what I'm looking for. Thanks for the advice though, do appreciate it. But trying to get something that has a similar sound to my current cans, or as close to them as possible.

May 17, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 5
I'll look into those Philips sets, gonna read some reviews. Thanks DS...

About the Koss set, at 15 bucks, I honestly doubt it will be what I'm looking for. Thanks for the advice though, do appreciate it. But trying to get something that has a similar sound to my current cans, or as close to them as possible.

You would be VERY surprised at the sound quality of the Koss. I certainly was.

But anyway, have a look at Mat Lust Envy's guide to gaming headphones. Might give you some more ideas.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-4-17-2014-akg-k612-and-k712-pro-added-edits#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back