Looking for a good fit in-earphone
Oct 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

X-radio

New Head-Fier
I have being listening with a set of Creative EP-630 until recently. When getting my Fiio X1ii I was no longer pleased with them and went shopping for a new set wich became the Sennheiser CX-3.00. While not peticulary bad they seem hard to get them placed in my ears as it shoud and after 2 weeks it is getting worse. I lose amost all the bass with both the EP-620 and the CX 3.00 because they keep not seated in my ears. I have bought the EP-620 a number of years ago to not irritate my ears when wairing a motrocycle helmet as they almost do not stick out of my ears. I do not ride any more so this 1 obstacle less. Also do I not go out sporting with music.

Seems my inner ears have kind of a strange form wich makes it difficult to find a good fitting set. I am a bit lost in finding a good in-earphone in de lower mid range around €100 - 150 price range that will have a good fit and sounding good. I do listen to all different styles of music like classical, jazz, triphop, lounge, acoustic guitar etc... so the choise seems to be difficult. I do like a natural low end bass roll off and very detailed highs so a V-shaped set would probably be the right choice.

I have done some research and a number of sets came to mind like when reading trough a number of sites:

Dunu DN-1000
RHA MA750
Philips Fidelio S2
Dunu Titan 1

Any suggestions are welcome. I do not fix myself on these models, they are just an example to get an indication of what I mean. I am also very new to the portable audio game and seek my may into what is available and like to hear aonther man's opinion to get the big picture.

Best Regards, Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back