Looking for a few alpha testers...
Apr 8, 2007 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, long time no see!

I'm looking for a few (<7 or 8) testers for a very, very simple Visual Basic program that does nothing useful ATM, but I need to determine a few things about MSIE 7.

Requirements: MSIE 7 installed, on any version of Windows.

Program: All it does (or SHOULD do) is display the current URL under the currently selected tab. What it may do is display nothing. Basically, I'm trying to see how complicated MS has made things with their new browser version (which is a significantly more complicated browser) and see how easy/hard it is to just get the current URL.

End program (which may or may not materialize eventually) might allow easy entry of usernames/passwords on websites via hotkey presses. It could be freeware or shareware; it will DEFINITELY NEVER be spyware.

Since I'm using Head-Fi bandwidth for this request -- IF the program ends up being shareware or some other form of payware, I hereby promise to take out a head-fi ad for it!
smily_headphones1.gif
But it's not even written yet, so I'm doing the best I can here with this request...

Anyway, if anyone can help you will receive written credit in the final program (if/when I ever finish it). All that's required is to download a small Visual Basic program and follow directions. I will guarantee in the name of my reputation here that the program does NOTHING but display the current MSIE URL in a message box (I hope, anyway). That's it. Be sure to fully scan it after downloading, of course.

Please PM me if you'd like to help -- thanks.

P.S. I can provide the source code too, for those interested, since the program really does nothing ATM and is just an attempt to find out a few things about MSIE 7.0 and how it works. I can test my own setup, but everyone's is different and that's what makes this test worthwhile.

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Excuse me if this is out of line, but I am currently using MSIE7.0 on XP SP2 and when I hover my cursor over any tab, I already get a tooltip animation with the complete url in it.
confused.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse me if this is out of line, but I am currently using MSIE7.0 on XP SP2 and when I hover my cursor over any tab, I already get a tooltip animation with the complete url in it.
confused.gif

He was trying to capture the URL in a separate piece of software, for programatic use not actually inside IE or for humans to directly view...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back