Looking for a decent gaming headphone.......
Apr 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

darkunknown88

New Head-Fier
Greetings Head-fi'ers!

I'm looking for a decent gaming headphones for around 100-120[size=small]$.[/size]

Primary qualities:
[size=x-small]-Should have good soundstage.[/size]
[size=x-small]-Good enough for a listening to music[/size]

[size=x-small]Secondary qualities:[/size]
[size=x-small]-Comfy and durable[/size]

[size=x-small]Misc[/size]:
No problem if it doesn't come with mic.

[size=x-small]That's all.[/size]

[size=x-small]I really want to buy the Sennheiser HD555 but it is now discontinued.  :frowning2:[/size]

The Sennheiser HD518 costs around 145[size=small]$ in my country and is a little outside my budget. I also have no idea if the soundstage is as good as the HD555.  The successor to the HD555, HD558 costs a bit too much than what I can afford.[/size]

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 8
You may want to look into the Audio Technica AD700 - or the newer AD700x, the AD700 is tried and true for competitive gaming

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
You may want to look into the Audio Technica AD700 - or the newer AD700x, the AD700 is tried and true for competitive gaming

AD700 is a good choice. Nice sound stage and light too. Only problem is, that it lies in the same price range as the HD558.  
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

AD700 is a good choice. Nice sound stage and light too. Only problem is, that it lies in the same price range as the HD558.  
frown.gif

They are crazy overpriced then 
eek.gif

Curiosity, where do you live? and what kind of music genres you like? 

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

They are crazy overpriced then 
eek.gif

Curiosity, where do you live? and what kind of music genres you like? 

I live in India. I sometimes feel that this is really a screw** up place. Sigh.

Some headphones like Shure, Beyerdynamic, and even Sennheiser are mostly available through eBay.in and are quite overpriced.
Some like VSonic, Xears are totally non-existant.

I mostly listen to Heavy metal/Rock. 

I am currently using a Denon AHC560 earphone due to which my Razer Carcharias is lying in the corner and collecting dust. Now I want to get a proper headphone.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
There's always alternatives, such as Samson or superlux. They are quite decent for games, but i cant comment on their performance with metal genres. 

I'm not an experienced gamer, but this thread contains valuable info:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-4-22-13-stax-sr-407-added

Superlux seems interesting. More interesting is the fact that I found then cheap. I'm currently rooting for the HD681 and if I have a bit more cash to spare, I might go for the HD668b.

But the most important part, how is the soundstage? As far as reviews go, their sound quality is obviously good and bang for buck.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Superlux seems interesting. More interesting is the fact that I found then cheap. I'm currently rooting for the HD681 and if I have a bit more cash to spare, I might go for the HD668b.

But the most important part, how is the soundstage? As far as reviews go, their sound quality is obviously good and bang for buck.

Its pretty good, they are semi-open headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back