Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs
Oct 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:
I looked into the Flex series, turns out they won't be as good as the IE80s, but thanks for the input. I'll have to bookmark that for the future.

Depends, the only one people have are the single driver flex, you can have pretty much what you want.

The hy3 is what im interested in as it used one dynamic foor bass, and two ba drivers for mids/treble. There's rumour of a 4ba model coming soon as well.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:
Depends, the only one people have are the single driver flex, you can have pretty much what you want.

The hy3 is what im interested in as it used one dynamic foor bass, and two ba drivers for mids/treble. There's rumour of a 4ba model coming soon as well.

The HY3 doesn't have recessed sockets. :frowning2:

Still, it won't be as good as the Merlins.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

The HY3 doesn't have recessed sockets. :frowning2:

Still, it won't be as good as the Merlins.

You can have them, look at the link when you choose premium detachable cable it'll give you the option.

http://cosmicears.com/flex-option-prices/

Personally id rather wait before buying the merlins, but that's just me.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #26 of 61
You can have them, look at the link when you choose premium detachable cable it'll give you the option.

Personally id rather wait before buying the merlins, but that's just me.

I probably won't be getting the Cosmic Ears because 1) I don't use Euros as currency and 2) Merlins are one of the more top tier customs. Although I do have to admit, those are a real bargain if they can sound really good.

UM Merlin all day

:D

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 61
Merlin and Miracle are quite different, but both actually deserve 'flagship' or 'top-tier' title. If you like thumping quality bass that reaches very deep and reverberates (still having good control), Merlin is one of the best. Miracle is more balanced. Choose which one you like more :)

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #29 of 61
there's also the 1964v6, 6 drivers at 650 which are a steal. However no 1 have gotten them yet so not very sure about the sound signature. Perhaps u can drop them an email?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #30 of 61
Merlin and Miracle are quite different, but both actually deserve 'flagship' or 'top-tier' title. If you like thumping quality bass that reaches very deep and reverberates (still having good control), Merlin is one of the best. Miracle is more balanced. Choose which one you like more :)

Well, sound quality wise, I'm looking for these specifics-

Song Genres: classical, techno, trance, electronic, jazz, rap/hip-hop/pop, rock (occasionally) and popular songs well. I use it for to watching videos/movies, conferencing/calling, and video games.

Sound Signature: I like my sound to have resolution and seem 3D. Likewise, I value tonal accuracy, clarity, coherence and detail. Words to describe my preferred sound are rich, warm, organic and natural, realistic, transparent, and bright. Punchy bass and treble Is important.

The source of my audio is usually going to be my Sandisk Sansa Clip+, although at other times it will be my Asus N53SV-XV1 PC, and other times my Android phone (rarely an iPod or iPhone). Keep in mind that I will not be using an amplifier of any kind. And of course, it has to meet my budget of $850.

I know the Merlin can handle bass exceptionally well, but I don't know about other genres. And the Miracle is out of my price range :frowning2:

there's also the 1964v6, 6 drivers at 650 which are a steal. However no 1 have gotten them yet so not very sure about the sound signature. Perhaps u can drop them an email?

I'll have a look at that, 6 drivers for $650? Heck, that's an even better deal than the dirt cheap Cosmic Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back