Looking for a comfortable IEM
Jul 29, 2016 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xyntec

New Head-Fier
Hey there!
As the title says I'm looking for an IEM, which is (really) comfortable and yes, that's my highest priority.
I've bought the RHA MA750 one week ago, but I'm going to send them back, because they hurt whenever I use them; no matter which tips I use or how I insert them. Awkward ears...
Genres:   HipHop, EDM, now and then classical
Budget:   < 250€ (I'm in Germany, kinda limited market)
Source:   Computer's Onboard Sound with Prime music, Spotify, Youtube, so certainly not the best music quality, but I need a large variety of music, so I don't get bored :D
I'm considering an external soundcard, not sure if it's really worth it because of the modest music files...
It doesn't matter, if the cable is worn straight down or over the ear, but there shouldn't be any noticeable cable noises.

Now I need your help to find an alternative or even an upgrade to the MA750 since I really enjoyed the sound of them though. It could be a bit bass-heavier, not too neutral, maybe somewhat v-shaped.
I took a look into the     -shure se215 (of course), but the RHA seem somewhat "better"...
                                 -1more triple driver, currently available here, no sure if they are built well
                                 -Sennheiser IE80, overkill for my "setup", right?
                                 -V-Moda ZN, not sure about them..
                                 -TDK BA200, rarely obtainable here, based on reviews kinda weakly built
                                 -Vsonic VC1000/ GR07, pretty much unavailable in Germany (besides ebay, won't buy from there)

I hope you guys can help me out a bit! :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 5
The most comfortable IEMs I ever tried were a pair of Klipsch X10s. They're really lightweight and have a tiny housing which won't scrape up the inside of your ear. Biggest issue with them is that the cable on them is not particularly durable...

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 5
thank you for the answers!
currently I am waiting for some pictures of trinity's new iems, the pm4 and pm6. If they are too big or probably weird for my ears, I am going to take a closer look at the Pinnacles

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 5
Personally I like SE215's comfort the most, their shell are not that big once you compare them to those universal version IEM from the CIEM makers and I have not notice any cable noise after using them for a year or so. You can always "upgrade" them by getting an aftermarket cable and Shure olive is still my personal favourite up to date.

You might be also interested in Final Audio's IEM with their bullet-like design. My colleague told me that he prefers them since it is the most comfortable for him to use. No cable noise when I tried them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back