Looking for a big brother to my LCD2.2 and HE-500s!
Sep 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bl42ed0

Head-Fier
Now that I've had time to listen to both on my mjolnir/gungir stack I can easily say, and wish, that I could be somehow using both headphones at the exact same time. I love the bass of the LCD2.2 but the soundstage, mid, and highs of the HE-500. The smaller soundstage has its moments and i love it for those intimate or intense moments or even using them for movies but when I'm listening to music, I'm usually doing some work so the smaller stage doesn't quite cut it for me if I'm not actually listening to the music. Too forward.

If there's a big brother or flagship pair of headphones that does what the HE-500 does so well in my opinion (wider soundstage, mids, sparkly highs) and brings the pros of the LCD2.2 (bass and is it actually possible to have a small soundstage too for when i want it???lol), please let me know! I would love advice for my last headphones I will probably buy (unless new flagships start coming out that blow my mind).

TL;DR The awesomness of the bass of the LCD2.2 crossed with an in-between soundstage of the LCD2.2 and the HE-500 and the frontal mids and sparkly highs of the HE-500 is the type of headphone I am looking for. What this ????HP??? is gonna be is gonna be the best pair for the sole purpose of only listening to electronic, goa trance, edm, chill, ambiant, techno, etc you know what I mean! What can Head-Fier's tell me about this lustrous pair of headphones??? 
gs1000.gif
beyersmile.png
o2smile.gif
atsmile.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 4
Hifiman he-6 with speakr amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back