Looking for a $300 bassy headphone
May 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kurtcobain

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
I'm new to this forum.

Currently I own Monster Beats Turbine for portable use.
Now I'm looking for a bassy headphone for home use.
I listen metalcore, post-hardcore very often. (99% of the music I listen is male vocal)
Therefore, I want a headphone with quick and deep bass and have a great performance of guitar.
I don't have any amps, but I may have one in the future.

I did some research, and find out these headphones:
Audio Technica M50, Ultrasone HFI-780, Ultrasone DJ1-Pro

Which one have the same quantity of bass compared with Monster Beats Turbine?
Or u guys have any other suggestion?

Thanks.

(Sorry for my poor english, I'm not a native english speaker)

May 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 8
also try out sony extra bass, look at the xb500 or 700, ignore the 300. they are much cheaper but of course if you are willing to cash out $300, you can get something better in sound quality.

May 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 8
Not really sure why you are after bassy phones if you prefer vocals and guitar. Seems that you are looking at closed hp's. I would say denon d2k. Get 'em why you can!!

May 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
also try out sony extra bass, look at the xb500 or 700, ignore the 300. they are much cheaper but of course if you are willing to cash out $300, you can get something better in sound quality.

Thanks for the recommendation.
How about XB1000? Some reviews said that XB700 has more quantity of bass than XB1000. Is that true?
Quote:
Not really sure why you are after bassy phones if you prefer vocals and guitar. Seems that you are looking at closed hp's. I would say denon d2k. Get 'em why you can!!

Then focus on bassy headphones.

Can someone compare XB700 or XB1000 with D2000?
And are these 3 headphone have the same quantity of bass with Monster's? (Because sometimes I think my Turbine is too bassy)
The reason why I'm not just pick Monster's Beats Pro because it is quite uncomfortable.
Thanks

May 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

How about XB1000? Some reviews said that XB700 has more quantity of bass than XB1000. Is that true?

And are these 3 headphone have the same quantity of bass with Monster's? (Because sometimes I think my Turbine is too bassy)
The reason why I'm not just pick Monster's Beats Pro because it is quite uncomfortable.
Thanks

Don't you already have the D2000? 
confused_face(1).gif

The MBT is a solid, bassy IEM. Of the 3 you picked out, I would say the headphone with a similar bass signature is the XB700.

Btw, I don't think the XB series is very good for vocals/rock music. The XB1000 is the best of the lot, but the XB500 & 700 are cans for bass-heavy songs. The bass tends to linger though, so do take note.

In terms of bass quantity, XB500 > XB700 > XB1000. Quality is pretty much the reverse.

Of all the cans you listed, I would choose the M50.

May 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Thanks

the xb700 has a good quantity of bass (too much for regular use for me), i have never tried the xb1000 but i think its discontinued though i believe you can still get it somewhere else. the denon d2k, i have never tried it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back