Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones
Oct 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cheesepuff2525

New Head-Fier

Hello all, I am currently shopping around for some full size headphones and was hoping to get some pointers from the experts. I listen to a range of music from Indie Rock (Arcade Fire, Radio Dept, ect) to electronic stuff  and Rap (M83, James Blake, Daft Punk, The Roots, Das Racist), to the Final Fantasy X Piano Collections. I mostly stay on the Indie Rock side of things but I would like a balanced set headphones. I currently have the Ultimate Ears 600 earbuds and mostly listen straight from a laptop or mp3 player. After searching around I came across the AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones, but I wasn’t sure if those would have too much bass. I also came across Grado SR325is. Any thoughts on these headphones or any other suggestions for other headphones would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 5
That's really going to make it easier
confused.gif

I'll second the Denon as a decent though not perfect allrounder for the money.

regards

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 5
I have similar taste and also searching for headphones.

Alessandro MS1i
Fischer Audio FA-011
Sennheiser HD598 (used to be $181 on Amazon but now the price has soared)
Audio Technica ATH-AD900
BeyerDynamic DT880 (Needs a powerful amp for the 600ohm which many claims to be the best version)
BeyerDynamic DT990 (Needs a powerful amp for the 600ohm which many claims to be the best version)
Shure SRH940
Sennheiser HD650 (Needs a powerful amp)
As the list goes lower, price goes higher

These are what I came out with. Note that I have yet to buy and cannot confirm that these would suit us well, but after a month of browsing through head-fi, I came out with this list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back