Looking for 20$ or less iem
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pointyrazor

New Head-Fier
hey, i owned xiaomi piston 3, kz ed9 and ate.
i need new earphones for my phone (xiaomi redmi note 4x), and ive been lookin at kz zs3 and zst. anyone knows better iems in that price point? is that the best i can get for that budget?
im probably going to buy both the zs3 and zst.
i enjoyed the ed9 with the bass filters, the flat filters sounded doll to me, and i lost one of the bass filters so my daily driver is the kz ate.
i listen to almost anything, metal, heavy metal, electronic(dubstep,edm etc...), orchestras, classical music, jrock jpop and such.
i enjoy bass in the amount that gives the song "depth", not in disgusting ways, tho i do enojy to play with the bass settings to high on certain songs where it shines.
clarity is important as well, sometimes i had the feeling that certain sounds felt "recessed" and if they sounded tad louder it would be perfect.
im fully aware that quality comes with price, but thats the budget i have and i want to buy the best pairs i can, even if it requires throwing few extra dollars.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 9
No specific recommendation, but if you are already saying, you might buy both, i'd rather spend the same money on a better headphone in the first place. Ordering two 20$ or one 40$ headphones makes a big difference in that pricerange...

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Hey
hey, i owned xiaomi piston 3, kz ed9 and ate.
i need new earphones for my phone (xiaomi redmi note 4x), and ive been lookin at kz zs3 and zst. anyone knows better iems in that price point? is that the best i can get for that budget?
im probably going to buy both the zs3 and zst.
i enjoyed the ed9 with the bass filters, the flat filters sounded doll to me, and i lost one of the bass filters so my daily driver is the kz ate.
i listen to almost anything, metal, heavy metal, electronic(dubstep,edm etc...), orchestras, classical music, jrock jpop and such.
i enjoy bass in the amount that gives the song "depth", not in disgusting ways, tho i do enojy to play with the bass settings to high on certain songs where it shines.
clarity is important as well, sometimes i had the feeling that certain sounds felt "recessed" and if they sounded tad louder it would be perfect.
im fully aware that quality comes with price, but thats the budget i ahve and i want to buy the best pairs i can.

You should go for the QKZ DM300, they are essentially the ZS3's on steroids. However, if you wish to save a bit more money, go for the KZ ES5's it doesn't get much better in that price bracket than them.

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks for the reply.
Hey

You should go for the QKZ DM300, they are essentially the ZS3's on steroids. However, if you wish to save a bit more money, go for the KZ ES5's it doesn't get much better in that price bracket than them.

Hope this helps you out.
are sure its es5?i didnt find it.
Tbh i dont mind throwing extra few dollars if the difference is meaningful.
the only reason i looked at kz was because at the time they were the best option for me, and they served me well.

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the reply.

are sure its es5?i didnt find it.
Tbh i dont mind throwing extra few dollars if the difference is meaningful.
the only reason i looked at kz was because at the time they were the best option for me, and they served me well.

Sorry my friend, my mistake it's the ZS5. They also offer them in blue if that's more up your alley.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_641227.html

They also offer them in blue if that's more up your alley

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Sorry my friend, my mistake it's the ZS5. They also offer them in blue if that's more up your alley.

Thanks!
You got anything else you can recommend?even if its tad more than 20.
I want to buy the best for that budget lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back