Looking Classical/Spanish/Flamenco Guitar Songs
Oct 31, 2009 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mythless

Headphoneus Supremus
Been looking on youtube (I know not the best place), but I am trying to find some good classical, spanish, flamenco guitar songs/artist to listen too. I would like to say songs with a spanish flare, but this is completely new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 10
Actually, I really don't mind contemporary classical guitar, it sounds quite nice. I was more of thinking of artist so I can try to get these songs on my fuze. Something like this as well:
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 10
A good snapshot comp of classic flamenco called, "Early Cante Flamenco" is where I would start. The recordings are old and scratchy, and I don't think they did much remastering, but the performers sound possesed. It's ungodly!

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 10
~ Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia
~ Chris Spheeris
~ Creol
~ Kevin Laliberte
~ Ottmar Liebert
~ Rodrigo y Gabriela
~ Salsa Rosso
~ Vehkavaara & Piltch

Those are my favorites. Hope you'll find something. Good luck!
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #7 of 10
As already mentioned Paco De Lucía is probably THE Flamenco guitarist, but his friend Manolo Sanlúcar is definitely no slouch either !! Try getting his album 'Caballo Negro' (Black Horse)

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #10 of 10
If you are looking for an interesting take on flamenco, I would suggest checking out a duo called Rodrigo y Gabriela. Not pure classical by any means, but a unique and enjoyable style nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back