Look for 2.1 speakers...
Dec 13, 2007 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Wolfstan

New Head-Fier
I am looking for speakers for a 2.1 setup. I already have a passable subwoofer, what I am really looking for are two speakers that can connect to the subwoofer (a relatively old Altec Lansing woofer) wia single pyhton cables. I had some 12+ year old RCA RP-8530 speakers in there, but wear-and-tear has gotten the better of one of them, and I figure it is time for a change.

You can suggest full 2.1 setups with subwoofers, too. I am using them for my TV (for video games and movie watching), and for my PC.

I am looking to spend no more than $100 here, but feel free to go a little over if you feel a setup is that good. Like I said, speakers with a woofer is fine, but that woofer really better kick out some good, clean bass. The one I have definitely does.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 10
alright, what a good "mid-end" 2.1 setup, regardless of cost?

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 10
swan m10 is hands down the best at this pricepoint. The bass is ok, but it's the mids and highs that really shine. You won't be disappointed.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Yeah, bass is pretty important to me. I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and when I play vid games, I wanna feel the rumble of battle.

I remember a while back, some one recommended the Swan M200MK2:

Newegg.com - Swan M200MKII 2CH Hi-end digital Multimedia system

They don't come with a subwoofer, so I'm not so sure how much bass they can put out.

As for the rooms the 2.1 setup will be in, my PC in a very small room with furniture, and I know that I haven't gotten the full bass out of any woofer I have had because there is a lot of stuff in this room, but I'm probably going to keep using my MS1 for PC anyway. So the 2.1 will be in a large, furnished living room with a wooden floor.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfstan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, bass is pretty important to me. I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and when I play vid games, I wanna feel the rumble of battle.

I remember a while back, some one recommended the Swan M200MK2:

Newegg.com - Swan M200MKII 2CH Hi-end digital Multimedia system

Wow those are gorgeous. May look at those for powered presence speakers.

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfstan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the 2.1 will be in a large, furnished living room with a wooden floor.

you probably should save up for something better if it's going to be in a large living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back