Long time no see head-fi! Looking for some wireless over the ear headphones under $100
Apr 8, 2022 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

B-Dawk20

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I haven't been here in a long time but the game always finds some way to drag you back in! Anyway, I'm in a bit of a pickle and need to find some new wireless cans. Currently I have a pair of Anker Soundcore Life Q20's. They flew off my head and broke. Still work but a bi-weekly tape job keeps em together. Looking to replace them soon.

So, I only have a few requirements really. One they need to be wireless and over the ear. My phone doesn't have a headphone jack and I've tried many IEMs and the form factor is just not for me.

Sound wise, I actually find the Life Q20 to be hot trash for anything outside of the most aggressive of hip hop and rap. Anything else and the mids sound like the everglades, highs are nothing to think about and soundstage...lol.

I think any major quality is a lot to ask given the price point but something more balanced and able to handle more genres passably is fine. I use a lot of Spotify on mobile so it doesn't need to be major hi-fi. Just want to be able to enjoy all my music on the go again.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 9
I just got the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headphones in eBay for a great price and like them. There's tons for sale there so it's easy to find a good one way under 100 beans.

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 9
I just got the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headphones in eBay for a great price and like them. There's tons for sale there so it's easy to find a good one way under 100 beans.

Those are IEMs right? Not into them sorry. Thanks for replying though!

Edit: sorry just saw the actual ones. Still unfortunately they are way out of my price range in my area

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 9
From the very limited range of cheap bluetooth headphones I've actually tried, there are two over ear headphones by the Chinese brand Boltune which are kinda decent.

The Boltune BT-BH011 also sounds even better than the Sennheiser M2 AEBT.
But that's also not a very high bar... the M2 AEBT is a notoriously dreadful headphone (for the price) and is easily bested by cheap classics like Creative Auvana Live!.

Both can be easily found at $50 or less on eb@y.

Apr 8, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 9
From the very limited range of cheap bluetooth headphones I've actually tried, there are two over ear headphones by the Chinese brand Boltune which are kinda decent.

The Boltune BT-BH011 also sounds even better than the Sennheiser M2 AEBT.
But that's also not a very high bar... the M2 AEBT is a notoriously dreadful headphone (for the price) and is easily bested by cheap classics like Creative Auvana Live!.

Both can be easily found at $50 or less on eb@y.

Yikes. It's starting to seem more and more like that range just might be hot trash in general. Maybe I should look to the $100-200 range? I'd rather be satisfied, save some, and pay more than pay less (again) and basically get something as poop as I have now.

Apr 8, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 9
Yikes. It's starting to seem more and more like that range just might be hot trash in general. Maybe I should look to the $100-200 range? I'd rather be satisfied, save some, and pay more than pay less (again) and basically get something as poop as I have now.
I wonder if you'd be happier just buying a good wired headphone and complementing it with a bluetooth receiver adapter?
That way the headphone has less points of failure and you may end up with a headphone jack in your future phone.
Just throwing out some ideas.

Apr 8, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #7 of 9
I wonder if you'd be happier just buying a good wired headphone and complementing it with a bluetooth receiver adapter?
That way the headphone has less points of failure and you may end up with a headphone jack in your future phone.
Just throwing out some ideas.

Ahh no, I don't have any desire to do that at the moment. Train rides are a bit hectic and packed often so the freer I am the better.

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 9
I just ordered an ifi go blue. Recieves Bluetooth then drives headphones or whatever. You have 1 cord from headphones, nothing to your phone...

I understand but it's really pretty bad on the trains 😅. I've done cords before for awhile but after going wireless it just makes the experience much nicer and not something I'd like to go back to. If there is no good Bluetooth headphones than maybe I'll just keep riding with the ones I got...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back