Long time lurker first time poster looking for a new setup
Feb 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ac1djazz

New Head-Fier
Hey all, been reading this site for years, hands down the best information I've found on the subject.  I just got a new job with a new office and I'd like to celebrate with a new setup.  

So I'd like to open up to general suggestions on what you think is the best out there? (w/in a reasonable price).  Here are a couple details:

- looking for over the ear only, ears are sensitive and get irritated w/ most all in-ear headphones
- looking for mainly a headphone+amp setup which ill be streaming/playing music from my laptop with
- via USB DAC is preferred, using a usb hub so less to plug into my actual laptop when i bring it back from meetings

budget for headphones are $200-500, for amp about the same.  although if something is a little bit out of budget but worth it I'm open

thanks for any suggestions! 

-k

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 3
I moved this thread to the appropiate place after I saw it was in the wrong area:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/705203/long-time-lurker-looking-for-a-new-setup-for-a-new-office

I have no preference of closed open.. as far as music I listen to everything (more detail on the 2nd post).  As far as levels go I like it moderately loud actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back