London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Feb 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 924

GSARider

2013 London, UK meet organiser
Hi to all UK Head-Fier's, we'll be holding a get together on Saturday 27th April, 2013 in Central London, kindly sponsored by Sennheiser UK.

Timings will be from 10am to 4pm and the event will be held in the Hotel Russell in the Woburn Suite next to Russell Square Tube Station -

http://www.londonrussellhotel.co.uk/

Parking

There is an NCP just around the corner and details of this and other parking can be found here:

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/hotel/the-hotel-russell-london/

Sennheiser will be bringing along a selection of their goodies, including their new Amps as well as headphones / IEM's. So we should have plenty of stuff to drool over...
smily_headphones1.gif
We also hope to have some Sennheiser staff on site to discuss / share info with.

And of course, all Head-fier's are welcome to bring their own gear along to share and let us all see your set ups.

Sennheiser will be kindly paying for the Hotel and providing soft drinks / sandwiches, etc and as such will be the only headphone manufacturer in attendance. However other companies that make / sell peripherals are welcome to get in touch with a view to coming along. All I'd ask is that you donate something for the charity raffle that we plan to hold, we don't intend to charge for 'trade' tables as such.

Raffle will benefit the Make a wish foundation and tickets will be £10 each.

Prizes so far:

Sennheiser HD800's with the serial no 20,000

Graham Slee Bitzie DAC

Toxic Cables £150 voucher towards any cable

Custom Cable ( http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/ ) will be attending as a Sennheiser dealer and will also be offering a minimum of a 10% discount, so if you have any special orders beforehand - please let me know, otherwise they will have a selection of products available to buy and I'm sure can post any others on after the meet. If anyone would like to pre-order a pair of Sennheiser headphones from Custom Cable to collect on the day, I have a discount code that I can pm - just let me know. This way you can get the 10% off and be sure of getting what you want.

Looking forward to a great day and hope to meet you all there!

Please add to your signature for the meet...!

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 924
Good work, count me in.

I just recently sold my Stax rig, so won't be bringing too much unless I've got something new by then.

Will have the DT1350, Nickchen's "Yamlux" mod of the Yamaha HP-1 and maybe I'll dig out the Jecklin Float Model 2 for comedy value. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 924
Hi,
You can count me in to, I could bring along a pair of HE400s and Shure 1840s and maybe an amp like the Aune S2 or Yulong A18/D18 if I can manage that lot on the train,look out for the guy struggling with a large suite case !

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 924
Hi

I am definitely coming 
biggrin.gif

I can bring my MacBook Pro, async USB Nuforce DAC with Beyer DT1350s and Grado 325is if any interest?

Be great if Frank from Toxic is there with some of his all copper cables for my HD800s. I would love to try them before buying.

Cheers, Julian

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #13 of 924
I'll be bringing as much as can fit in my suitcase - that should be pretty much everything.  The only exotic things would be the Sony PFR-V1 and Compact Tube Hybrid DIY amp.  Oh and I guess the Tera Player isn't very common...

I take it everyone needs to bring a socket strip too?

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #15 of 924
definitely coming , count me in

it iwill be my first such event , can not wait (my wallet cries already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back