London Calling...19th October, 2013.
Aug 19, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #436 of 618
I think I'll be free on that weekend of the 19th, so I'd like to come along as well. Probably able to get one or two friends along as well by then, who I'm in the process of getting them over to the dark side (the force is strong) soon...LOL! Mark

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #437 of 618
Quote:
I've not been to head-fi meet before so I'm not sure how it all works. 

I'd like to bring my headphones/amps/sources, but then I'd also like to walk around and check out what other people brought. 

What do most people do with their stuff?
-leave it unattended
-lock to table
-get someone nearby to keep an eye on stuff
-pack it up/unpack as necessary
-all of the above

Sorry for the noob question, I just want to come prepared.

I didn't bring desktop gear but I did look after others' gear while there...I was listening to an LCD2 and didnt want to leave so the gear owner could walk around! 
You'll make friends pretty quick and cover eachother...seemed to be the way imo

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #438 of 618
I hate to do it, but I can now confirm I'm not going to make this one.  Hopefully I can make the next big one.  Of course, we could have mini-meet or two in the mean time.  (Planting the seed there... see how I did that?)

Enjoy everyone!

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #439 of 618
Quote:
I hate to do it, but I can now confirm I'm not going to make this one.  Hopefully I can make the next big one.  Of course, we could have mini-meet or two in the mean time.  (Planting the seed there... see how I did that?)

Enjoy everyone!

That means there will be double the room at the meet without you bringing all your gear
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #441 of 618

Enjoy everyone!

You'll be missed for sure. That was one awesome table of goodies there at the last meet. I felt like it was so much out of my league I was a bit nervous to even sit and listen to your kit. The best thing about your table was how approachable you were. That table will take some beating for that factor alone.
A mini meet is a tempting proposition; it would probably be the 1st time there has been a complete set of Sigmas in the same room in this country to demo.

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #442 of 618
Having not been to a meet before and not knowing anyone and having brought loads of kit with me to display was a worry. But when I got there it was quite easy to make friends and I learnt some things about setting up.
It's easier if you can have the same track playing through all your kit. More people will visit if the phones are on stands. Over ear open phones need serious amping to be heard above the general din. And it's very easy to make friends so it should be possible to have a walk round yourself.
The reality is there won't be time to get everywhere and do everything if you're set up on a table. But tons of people will meet and chat with you which makes up for it.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #447 of 618
Hey guys,

Can hardly wait until October. Looking forward to it so much. 
Can I have a +1 added to me please?

Thank you in advance :)

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #448 of 618
I will most likely bring in my gear this time, feel bad for not bringing in anything last time.

Audio Technica ATH-AD1000PRM
FitEar MH334 Custom
STAX SR-404 Signature with SR-507 earpads
Sony MDR-SA5000
Sony MDR-1RS
Sony PFR-V1

I expect those will still be in my hands October time.

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #449 of 618
Awesome stuff, I am really interested in the Sony MDR-SA5000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back