London Calling...19th October, 2013.
Jun 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #391 of 618
You might still want to bring your O2, as thinking about it, mine has low gain settings (1x/2.5x) as I use it primarily with IEMs.

Just thinking about what we are going to be running off of it (no idea here!) - also, it being a combined *EHP-O2D*, there is no battery option if we wanted to test that??

As it is an all-in-one unit, we might want a standalone too, depending on how we are going to be hooking things up.

If your one has a larger gain, then that might be better for some cans..

That's about all I can think of atm.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #392 of 618
It was supposed to be a simple test between a high end amp/dac vs a low end amp/dac desktop setup - fairly simple. If it's going to be a case of folk saying why not use this or that - then please supply the equipment and we'll be happy to use whatever. if you can't or won't supply the equipment necessary, then there's not much i can do about it.
smily_headphones1.gif

The equipment listed by me, is my own equipment and it seems to fit the criteria of an expensive vs cheap setup in terms of amp/dac. If anyone disagrees - then give us your equipment and we can use that instead. I don't have access to anything else that fits the criteria required.

Just be aware that your equipment (if you choose to supply) will be on a table for a few hours for folk to test and I, as the organiser can't take responsibility for it in any way, either accidental / misuse damage or things going missing.Also please make arrangments to ship to me to arrive at least 72 hours before the meet to allow us time to get it setup the night before the meet.

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #393 of 618
Okay chaps, Eternal phoenix has pm'd and doesn't want his equipment used.

Sam, if you would like to allow yours to be used, please let me know and of course Uchihaitchi - please let me know if you'd like to use your equipment for this, as you suggested an O2 Amp, I'm assuming that you have one? Can you also let me know which other amp you'd like to put against it. Happy to go with whatever you chaps would like to use / supply. Just let me have it beforehand and the above post applies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Saves me using my equipment so I'm not complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

I can provide my MacBook Air or MBPR as the source running ALAC / FLAC on Audioirvana.

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #394 of 618
Quote:
Okay chaps, Eternal phoenix has pm'd and doesn't want his equipment used.

Sam, if you would like to allow yours to be used, please let me know and of course Uchihaitchi - please let me know if you'd like to use your equipment for this, as you suggested an O2 Amp, I'm assuming that you have one? Can you also let me know which other amp you'd like to put against it. Happy to go with whatever you chaps would like to use / supply. Just let me have it beforehand and the above post applies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Saves me using my equipment so I'm not complaining
smily_headphones1.gif

I can provide my MacBook Air or MBPR as the source running ALAC / FLAC on Audioirvana.

There's no guarantee I'll have an O2 (EHP-O2) but if I do then I'd be happy for it to be used. If not the FiiO should make a fun comparison and the HDVD800 would be a perfect TOTL amp with which to compare. Another one to consider would be the budget Schiit combo (now I'm just complicating things).

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #396 of 618
Quote:
Just let me know beforehand Sam.

any sign of an LCD3 or HE6 coming? those are the 2 cans that i'm most interested to hear. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #398 of 618
Sorry I forgot to ask you chaps - what difference do you think the O2 will make to a test? Is there something about the O2 being really bad / good that makes it specifically special to test against the HDVD800?

From dscope iii.measurements, the fiio amps have a few unwanted aspects verging on audibility whereas the same areas are well below the hearing threshold for the o2 (So using the O2 will make the DBT if anything more difficult). Out of curiosity does anybody have the meaurements specs for the hdvd800?

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #400 of 618
All the measurements can be put into a real world test in October. Nadeem or myself have no problem with whatever inexpensive/expensive source you think might be more suitable because it's just a bit of fun and something to add to the experience of the meet. I'd like to keep the hdvd800 and hd800 top end and any smaller sized o2 or similar could be sent to Nadeem beforehand. It's just 1 cheapy against 1 expensive though there won't be lots of stuff to test against.
I think the fio v sennheiser is a good idea because both are readily available in this country and are at opposite ends of the price spectrum. So I for one am happy to stick with the original plan.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #401 of 618
Hmmm... This looks interesting. I'll be flying in from Norway, but hopefully it'll be good fun.

I have a Decware Taboo on order from the US, maybe I'll bring it with me if nobody "local" brings one.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #402 of 618
Quote:
Hmmm... This looks interesting. I'll be flying in from Norway, but hopefully it'll be good fun.

I have a Decware Taboo on order from the US, maybe I'll bring it with me if nobody "local" brings one.

what cans have you got coming

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #403 of 618

Thats a very sexy a excellent amp! Congrats!
On a side note..be prepared for the taxes... u have to pay extra to have it in ur hands...here in the netherlands u pay 35% extra on the price and the postage together! Hope that customs in norway are nicer :D

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #404 of 618
Quote:
Thats a very sexy a excellent amp! Congrats!
On a side note..be prepared for the taxes... u have to pay extra to have it in ur hands...here in the netherlands u pay 35% extra on the price and the postage together! Hope that customs in norway are nicer
biggrin.gif

Yeah, It's "only" 25% in Norway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back