Loking for Reviews
Jul 19, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 16
Try the 'search" function upper right of the Headphone subforum here. Lots to read
wink.gif

Good luck~

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/search...archid=4997967

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 16
The comments have been buried in threads so you will have to search entire posts outside of few main reviews.

Comments have been mostly good, but check out the new LD portable and all tube amps for updated thinking from Mr. Yang.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 16
Last question bother you all with. If you had to choose between the Micro Tube (with the upgrade), and the MK 3, which would you buy? I am looking for the most enjoyable experience, not exactness. That doesn't mean that clarity can take a back seat, though.

Thanks,
Tri

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

I am looking for the most enjoyable experience, not exactness.

With what headphones?

How do you describe enjoyable? Do you mean musical? comfort? best sound at low listening levels?

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 16
Ety6i (I am going to try and find one of those impedence increasing cables for the Etys) and Grado SR80. Planned upgrades include AKG 601/701, and Grado SR325i or higher.

Enjoyable would be musical, emotion envoking as the artist intended, but also something that makes you want to move along with the music.

Also, how durable are tubes? I'm planning on being careful round either one, but I am kind of clumsy and accident prone.

Thanks,
Tri

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 16
I have a micro tube and the tubes are inside of it rather then top mounted like the MKIII. If you have kids or pets this sounds like a good way to go. I used mine to power my 701s and they sounded pretty damn good i think.

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #13 of 16
I don't think a fish or two will make a difference, but as I said, I am accident prone, and I have friends who are careless. Let's just say that is sat on my desk in the back of my bedroom (that's where I spend most of the listening time). If one of my friends just tossed one of my shirts or something, and it hit the amp, would there be any damage? I know tubes a kind of durable, because one kept falling out of a guitar amp and didn't ever break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back