Loki Mini Impressions
Jul 27, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #602 of 1,011
And of course be sure that the input and output cables are not reversed. That would cause the symptoms you're reporting.

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #603 of 1,011
Has anyone heard any whispers of a balanced Loki anytime soon?

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #606 of 1,011
so i got my loki yesterday from a member here and its a more recent one and it even has 2 of the knobs slightly off, very slightly. otherwise its flawless. cant wait to test it out!! if i like is i may buy a few so i have one for each setup instead of trying to split it out to different amps. im also hoping for either a balanced loki or at least one with more control maybe 8-10 bands at least. coming from many many years in the car audio field i have come to really enjoy eq's and feel they can make a great difference when used properly. i also much prefer analog eq's over digital unless in dealing with things like time delay etc

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #607 of 1,011
What position is the bypass switch in?
You are moving the knobs right?
You have input and output connections correct right?
Wallwart is plugged in?
I still forget about turning the bloody Loki on... and wonder why it isn't changing tones. Interestingly, the manual advises leaving the unit powered on... even if bypassed. I don't bother. I can't detect any degradation in audio quality. Still a fun box in my set up (next step, move the entire rig to the living room and set up a listening nook)...

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #609 of 1,011
Just want to pick someone's brains if possible, got my source plugged into the Loki then into the magni 3. Wanting to add my Vali 2 into the chain any advice on this ?

I use a pair of RCA "Y-cables" from the Loki to Magni 3 and Vali 2.

20180820_173439.jpg

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #611 of 1,011
I use a pair of RCA "Y-cables" from the Loki to Magni 3 and Vali 2.

I'm usually suspicious of Y cables, but yours look very good. Where did you find them? I would like to be able to go from the Loki to either of two amplifiers without re-plugging.

Do you lose any quality, phase weirdness, etc. by splitting the signal?

Aug 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #613 of 1,011
I'm usually suspicious of Y cables, but yours look very good. Where did you find them? I would like to be able to go from the Loki to either of two amplifiers without re-plugging.

Do you lose any quality, phase weirdness, etc. by splitting the signal?

I've tried unplugging the Y's alternately; my ears cannot detect a difference. ymmv, of course.

These are the cables.

I would use a Schiit Sys if it was me.

I would use a SYS on the outputs instead of a Y. I believe the input impedance is high enough on these amps to virtually negate audible issues. At least so far. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back