Logitech Ultimate Ears Warranty Service is Ultimately Worthless
Sep 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

LawstCawz

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to throw out a cautionary tale to anyone who's considering the new Ultimate Ears I purchased a pair of UE SF 5 Pro's about three months ago. About one month ago, I started having problems with the cable, so I contacted Logitech to warranty the cable. I was told to mail the earphones in for testing and they will replace my cable. I thought this might be a bad idea, but did so anwyay. About two weeks later, I received a pair of superfi 5's back in the mail. I contacted customer service to try and get my original earphones back and I received no response. I had to call them to find out exactly why they could not just replace the cable and they had no answer. I am getting a full refund and shipping this garbage they sent back. It will probably take another 2-3 weeks to receive my refund.

So, to make a long story short, I learned three very important lessons;

• Don't ever buy logitech products again. Too bade UE was bought by them. Real downhill slide in their product line.
  • Don't buy expensive earphones unless the cable is replaceable.
  • If the part is only $20, but it yourself. Warranty service is more trouble and a possible ripoff.

Anyone have a suggestions for a new IEM? I bought the SF 5 pro's on sale for $130. Not sure I can find anything comparable in that range, but I'd put a little more with it.

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 23
Same story here. SF5Pro has been discontinued. If you send it in, they will just replace it with SF5 (= UE600)

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 23
Their customer service has actually been very good to me and replaced my Triple.fi.10's three times with no hassle. I guess the real issue here is that the SF5.pro's are discontinued.

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 23
This is on par with the Skull Candy service. 

I got a 50% off coupon on the next headphones from a cable issue with my first pair.

I hated the service so much that I never got a second pair, which wasted my warranty completely.

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 23
Thing is, from everything I've read, the super.fi 5 pro is said to be quite a bit better than the original. It certainly has an infinitely better form factor...

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #7 of 23
I've been a longtime Ultimate Ears customer and have always experienced great customer service.  Until now.  Incidentally, this was the first time I've had to deal with their customer service since the Logitech acquisition.  Frustrating experience to say the least.  I am out on Logitech Ultimate Ears products in the future as well.  Too bad.

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 23
Have to disagree here.
Logitech is actually one of the best in the warranty department.

They are pretty no nonsense with regard to replacing or repairing stuff....think this is the unfortunate situation that the older item is better then the item it has replaced,

And its true...they tend to just replace instead of repair.Something to consider here.

TBH I think you can ask them if you could get another item instead. The UE 700 instead?

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:
Have to disagree here.
Logitech is actually one of the best in the warranty department.

They are pretty no nonsense with regard to replacing or repairing stuff....think this is the unfortunate situation that the older item is better then the item it has replaced,

And its true...they tend to just replace instead of repair.Something to consider here.

This reflects my experience with Logitech (keyboards and mice). Have always received the exact same model as replacement or been upgraded in the event that the same model was no longer available.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 23
I recently purchased a pair of Super fi.pro 5. Logitech had a special on them for $80 incl. shippping and I was curious about trying them out at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately one of the drivers was faulty, so I requested a RMA. Three days after I had returned them,  Logitech offered me a pair of SuperFi 5 as a replacement or my money back.

I choose the money back option since I had no real interest in the SF5.
Within 48 hours my $80 was back on my bank account. So based on my own personal experience I have no issues with purchasing anything from them again.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 23

Quote:
This reflects my experience with Logitech (keyboards and mice). Have always received the exact same model as replacement or been upgraded in the event that the same model was no longer available.

Logitech definitely has one of the BEST customer services. The standard procedure for discontinued product is to substitute it for its replacement. For example, if you try to RMA a G5 mouse, they will send you a G500. If you RMA a G15 version 1 keyboard, they will send you either the G15 version 2 (if it's still available), or something similar like the G510.

Unfortunately you had bad luck that your SF5 Pros were continued, but it was impossible for logitech to repair your IEMs with parts they don't have

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 23
I can say from my experience with Ultimate Ears, with their custom monitors, they have a kind of personalized person who handles your customer service needs.  I haven't had any issues with their customer service.  I have actually been to their facility, its a cool place with a studio and stuff.  It is a very small operation that is for sure.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 23
Yes indeed Warranty and Customer service support is one of the main things I am considering while ordering a pair of Hi-end products. Large companies such as Logitech can't any more offer what small entities/dealers such as  musicaAcoustics or Jaben capable of...
Time and money one spend replacing their damaged goods isn't worthwhile the difference...

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #15 of 23
Lawst did you ask if you could get a UE700(also a dual BA like the superfi pro) instead? I think when u explain they should be reasonable. Its only fair...the pros are dual BA...and the UE700s are also dual BAs.
I am curious...cause if they do..i guess logitech rises up another notch in my book with regard to warranty and support.

I would always ask for a replacement product....specially if you got the original item on sale. For the same money would be difficult to find the same quality in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back