Logitech UE6000
Jul 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #49 of 366
Well, maybe its my ears then. Sorry you had to go through the trouble, but I guess we learned two things. My hearing apparently I limited in the high range, and UE6000s have a small amount of hiss in ANC mode.

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #50 of 366
No problem, yea it is a small amount of hiss, they sound amazing for the price, i looked at them before, but i saw the name Logitech on them and didnt think twice, untill i saw reviews on them being made by Ultimate Ears. glad i bought them, and they sound great without the ANC on.

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #51 of 366
BTW how do you like the Momentums? i want those to, they look great, how are they compared to the UE 6000?. THANKS

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #52 of 366
These headphones seem great although the cable doesn't seem to insert far enough into the headphone which can result in it becoming slightly loose and sound disappearing from one ear. The problem is even worse if you try an alternative cable - I tried the cable from my x1. Has anyone else experienced this and if so come up with any solutions?

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #54 of 366
Yes. Others have had this issue. You have to push pretty hard to get it into place. You will feel the snap when it is in place. This was by design by logitech. I gotta say n one you do get it in place, you won't have to worry about your cable coming out.

As for the momentumss, I think they are better for clarity. I use the momentums for accuracy, I use the ue for when I want more bass. Check out the momentum review page. Just make sure you try them at bb before you buy them, some are complaining of them not fitting around their ears, because the openings are very small. You'll have to go to magnolia home theater equipped bb stores to get them at bb.

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #55 of 366
Yea i heard that people say they are small earcups, the BB Magnolia section where im at didnt have any demo pairs to listen to ;(

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #57 of 366
  Wow, its a little disturbing to knkw that i cant hear that hiss at all. I just had my hearing checked a couple years ago, for my job, and i didnt have such problems then. Mst be me getting on in age, because i dont listen too loudly (i dont think). Hehe

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #58 of 366
Can you hear music out of them? Lol jk, i dont listen loud either, you cant hear the hiss while listening to music, i only hear it when the ANC is on and nothing is playing.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #59 of 366
I spent an hour listening to the UE6000 and UE9000 and they sounded the same :S The cancellation isn't amazing tbh. Then again, I have the Shure SE315s and those IEMs are mind blowing at isolation so anything other than that seems imperfect to me (it'd be wrong on my part to expect cancellation to be that good..)
The test headset sounded barely OK without the cancellation but with it on, it sounded great. It had quite a lot of bass and none of it was muddy :D The song was clearly EQ boosted.. though it sounded great, it does concern me a tad bit. :p

I use a friend's Sennheisser Momentum and it has no problems giving me great bass and treble balance at all ranges for a truly lovely sound on a flat EQ. I would really pick the Momentum over it considering the price difference is barely $50.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #60 of 366
Quote:
I use a friend's Sennheisser Momentum and it has no problems giving me great bass and treble balance at all ranges for a truly lovely sound on a flat EQ. I would really pick the Momentum over it considering the price difference is barely $50.

Are you talking on-ear momentums? If not then the price difference is closer to $180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back