Logitech ue6000 worth the price?
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jcat4

New Head-Fier
Hello, all. I primarily listen to EDM and enjoy clarity and bass. I also enjoy impact on kicks. I currently use a fii0 e11 amp via lod on my ipod classic for portable, and I run out of a titanium hd soundcard on my desktop. I am hopefully going to eventually be purchasing the schiit magni/modi, yet that will probably be a while.

I have been using a pair of ath-m50's and krk rp6 monitors for listening, however, I've been looking for a good pair of headphones for when I move on campus in the fall. I have been recommended various ultrasones, the hfi-400, and the denon adh2000. I have not been able to demo any of them, and I am too afraid to pull the trigger on one of them on the off chance I'll be unsatisfied with the sound. I've also looked at the v-moda m-80's or m-100's, or possibly even the sennheiser momentums/amperiors. I heard the momentums and was very pleased except for the bass which I found to be lacking to my preferences.. However, I curiously demoed a pair of logitech ue6000's and loved them. The impact was eh, but everything else was balanced so well IMO. The bass was VERY present and fairly tight, with plenty of detail and sparkle in the treble. The mids were a bit recessed due to the V-shape sound signature, yet were much more refined and MUCH LESS recessed than the athm50's. I've been keeping my eyes on different pairs on ebay, yet I'm wondering if there are cheaper alternatives that sound essentially the same? Despite the fact that the whole UE headphone lineup has been pretty impressive, the Logitech part of it makes me skeptical of the price/performance aspect.

tl;dr I like the ue6000's but am afraid that there are cheaper cans that sound just as good. Thoughts on UE6000 or alternatives?

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 8
v hard not to like the 6000?
on my 9000, i  can feel the light thud of the bass on the ears :p
the sound sig is unoffensive, euphonic, v comfy to wear. feels solid in my hand,
v hard to beat this value.

For 200bucks, another option is the k550...
it is clearer/ a tad leaner sounding, more spacious, good bass too if your face isi big enough.
i hav no problem with it.. ha. i am a loving this can, from classicals to beegees.. 
it has a more reference feel to it...if that is your leaning.

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 8
i owned the cop, momentum, 1r, m100, m80, pro 500 and many more, but the ue6000 is a keeper. it has very good detail and imaging, is super comfortable, foldable, does deep bass, when the music calls for, but is suitable for other genres also. to my ears, the best in its price range, because of beeing so versatile and its technical ability is up with the best.

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 8
This is great to hear since I've been looking for the right pair of headphones for every day use. I wanted to replace my ol' rusty turtle beaches, my shure srh840s, and my apple earpods, with one portable, everyday use, audiophile quality headphones that I can use for my music needs, gaming, AND I won't look stupid in public.

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 8
thats exactly what i was searching for and found in the ue. go for it. soundsignature is as relaxed as that of the srh840, so i think it is right  for you.

Apr 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Ok, awesome, I think I will pursue a pair! Thanks!

Also, I read the impedance on the ue6000's is about 52ish Ohms? Do they benefit at all from an amp, or no? I'm planning on getting some form of external dac/amp seeing as the headphone jack on my laptop is out. Running straight out of my ipod, they sounded great, but can they benefit from a little more juice?

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't know where you are but I think Best Buy has been dropping the price of the UE slowly over the last few months. I got mine for $180 and then they dropped it to $160. In store only and not sure if that's still the case. But if you have one close by you might want to check them out.

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 8
That is amazing and definitely not the case for any best buy near me. They must have somehow gone on clearance? That or on sale at one point. Anywho, I can get a used pair off amazon for around $150. I'll probably go for that when I am willing to shell out the money. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back