Logitech Transporter: Any changes (other than faceplate) since Slim Devices originally released it?
Mar 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if Logitech ever updated / improved any of the actual hardware inside the Transporter since Slim Devices originally released the product in 2007?

Also, are there any reports of manufacturing defects or failures in the field (if so, what specifically was problem?)?

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 3
I've been wondering the same thing. It looks like a pretty good
device but I'm just finding out about it for the first time..not sure
why I didn't know about it earlier. This new Crutchfield mag I got
had an article on the Squeezebox so I looked up their products
& bam, the Transporter.

Does it work with Rhapsody?

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 3
They update the firmware and Squeezebox Server all the time, and their beta builds are updated nightly. But there has been no change to the firmware. It is an awesome piece of gear, works so much better than Squeezebox, much easier to set up and use, no connectivity issues, etc. Obviously the analog output is very good, if you plan on using it for a DAC too (one-box solution). I only use the digital outputs though (because I have an Audio-gd Reference 7 which is far superior to the DAC in the Transporter), and it is superb for that as well. AES/EBU output on the Transporter performs the best, and there are multiple software settings to allow you the best quality possible from the digital output.

I believe it works with Rhapsody.

You can pick these up new (or they might be refurbs, not sure) for $1400 on eBay. I got mine for $1350 and the seller said it was brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back