logitech g35 vs edimensional audio fx pro
Oct 4, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 8
for gaming not music,and it needs to be a headset not headphones and a snap on mic,unless i can get both for around 120 or less,basically i need too hear footsteps and stuff and know where the enemy is at.Also i DO NOT have a soundcard,just onboard so USB would be better no?

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 8
I have the G35 and I use it only for gaming.

I stopped using my surround sound speaker setup coming from the audigy sound card when I got these cans. Positional data for first person shooters is excellent. It's like night and day compared to my speaker setup. Playing Crysis, Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty becomes more enjoyable since you can pick out accurately the location and distance of incoming forces. Explosions have good slam and impact.

They are not so good with music. They are great for movies especially with the Dolby feature on.

EDIT: When I say "pick out accurately the location and distance of incoming forces," I mean this both with eyes on the enemy and when not in visual contact. In other words, when walking in dense jungle you can place the location of enemy forces hunting you even when you still can't see them thru the vegetation; so you can decide whether to maneuver to engage or escape and evade.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For ANYTHING, I can guarantee you that you can find significantly better cans for the price that they're selling for.

Fixed for you
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 8
I love the absolute disregard for the question presented.

I am in the market for a headset, and no one seems to be able to respond without saying "don't get a headset," even if that's what my needs specifically are.

Zalman mics pick up EVERYTHING in the room/apartment.  I need a boom, just like the topic maker I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back