Loaner Program: Westone 3
Nov 20, 2008 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

MaloS

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings folks.

With respect to soon-upcoming release of this much-anticipated (and much-delayed, for better or for worse) IEM, I am going to run a loaner program to get some honest reviews out.

Read: if you participate, you agree to write an extensive review.

There will be 10 spots, the program will begin as soon as everything is ready.
For now, to keep costs down, the program will occur for North America and Europe. Each person will get to hold the headphone for a week.

Requirements are going to be a bit confusing. Because we want these reviews to be good AND diverse, I am going to select people on variable criteria.
Required:
1. At least 1000 posts.
2. Sufficient feedback for me to believe that you are reliable, or endorsement by someone who is well known here.
Ambigious:
I will try to diversify the reviews based on equipment you have and had in the past, the general way you use headphones. I will also try to have some people who have done mutliple reviews, and who have not, just to help things out. I may try to diversify across music preference too, if needed.

To be considered please send me a PM. Please include a link to your feedback thread and a short description covering information I am considering in the 'Ambigious' criterion. If you are accepted, I will have to ask more information from you, including solid means of comunication. If you are not comfortable disclosing this information - I gave a warning. =)

Lastly: if you do intend on buying Westone 3 soon - please abstain from this program and let someone else get the chance to try it.

And for those with health concerns: there will be separate tips provided for each person.

Start Data: Not set yet.

Participants:
1. Lil' Knight
2. ph0rk
6. cool_torpedo

The empty 5th spot is for another North American participant, 8-9-10 are for European participants that have not yet been determined. The currently listed people are those who have provided me with all the needed information for them to participate after I contacted them for confirmation.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 52
I don't qualify, but I like the idea.

Mods: Sticky?

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 52
Would you be willing to give the used set of earphones to me after all the reviews have been done?
wink.gif

No?? Oh, alright!!
frown.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 52
To those who PMed me - read it, I'll get to replying.

Also, correction...I am not trying to be greedy or anything by limiting it to USA, the cost savings can be easily produced even with participants in Canada.

Also, I have nothing against doing this overseas also honestly, but would need a group of people over there so there is not too much of ocean-crossing going on.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 52
well if you do send to australia i'm in I know i'm a bit short on posts but comeon please. I need to be swayed probably going to get them but would be great to here if they beat my SE530. so i'm in OZ too thats 2
wink.gif
is that a group??
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #15 of 52
anyone else who doesnt live in the us hate when companys treat them so much more poorly than they do us customers, i know this is a first ive heard of this sort of thing and sounds like a great idea. just makes me annoyed that in the uk we pay a lot more for everything, manufacturers warrenty issues mean places like amazon wont ship phones outside the us forcing us to pay inflated prices for a crapper service.

that said, westone i think ur loaner programme is a great idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back