Loaner and review product sharing thread.
Jan 10, 2013 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
I have recently organised to get an ALO Pan Am as well as the new Woo Audio WA7. I'll be reviewing both but the offer is open to borrow and/or review anything I've organised to receive. I hope that if you guys get anything for review, we can organise sharing it around and writing reviews as required, either collectively (eg: from meet impressions) or individually. 

If anyone would like to borrow/review either of the above amps, let me know. So far, I'll be sending the WA7 to Sasaki-san (Head-Fi Sasaki-san before anyone gets confused). 

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 9
Before I forget, other than the Siemens that came as extras, I bought Mullards and the Voshkods for the PanAm, but am happy to share them around. The WA7 isn't really a tube rolling amp -- there isn't much of a variety available for it unlike for the PanAm.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 9
Jack offered the EH Gold Pin tubes at a discount but while searching eBay I found a pair for $60 + $4 shipping so I nabbed those. So if anyone decides they love the amp so much they want to buy it you can buy those tubes from me. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 9
Q: Wait, so is Jack expecting someone to buy the WA7 after the demo or he's cool if no one buys & it gets shipped back to US??

Cos that was one of the issues we had with the LL that the expectation was someone was gonna buy & Alex didn't have to worry about shipping it back to the States.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm not sure he expects it, but I'm sure he hopes someone will buy it. Not for sharing, but he isn't really making money on these.

I can understand the issue about the LL as it requires a custom 100V transformer for Japan. The WA7 doesn't.  I'll bet you'll like it though, especially with the better tubes.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #7 of 9
Wow, it has been almost a year. Here are things I still have available for borrowing if people are interested:

Audeze LCD-X and XC. I was going to buy one or the other pair after I finish a video review, but if anyone wants to borrow/have a mini-meet and try them, let me know and I'll ask about it.

JH Audio Roxannes (universal). They are heading from Arkapol to Shigzeo next.

Maybe we should have a mini-meet the day after the February show with all this? It wouldn't be too much trouble to haul the planars if we have a good enough amp for them.

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 9
Tokyo HF members,

I will be receiving some new for a local tour. If there's any interest in reviewing these products, please let me know and can work out a schedule. Together with some older products I've got :-

1) Ortofon eQ5
2) Ortofon eQ7
3) Oroton MHd-Q7
4) Ortofon Hd-Q7
5) VicJohn Audio Lzio HAV-3SE
6) Palaios Iona Amp
7) [soon] CypherLabs Theorem 720
8) [soon] Fiio X5

Cheers,
Sean

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 9
I missed this. I have Sean's Theorem 720 ATM.

The universal Roxanne is with Nathan ATM too if anyone wants to borrow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back