Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jul 29, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #2,791 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes, along with certain sound frequencies in music i can hear some extraneous noise like buzzing.

I've made some search and now i think i have the same problem as HeadphoneAddict and powertoold have with their FreQ customs - something called "resonance ringing"
frown.gif

My case in not that bad though, and it appears quite infrequent, but still it bothers me.
What is the conclusion about this ringing, will re-fit help me?

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #2,792 of 3,902
The new case doesnt look as good. Soft, instead of hard(ish by some accounts) and not waterproof!

Mine gets beaten up at school and still hasnt broken. I dont worry about putting my bag down and jacket at the basketball courts and a ball hitting it like i did before when my LW's were in the soft Ety ziper or uncased and the d2 uncased or in a mint tin. This case i think is pretty solid, and waterproof too
biggrin.gif

Pelicans look pretty good but do you have to use the foam? As once it is i need an even bigger case! Although this case is the righ size for my blazer pocket it could do with being slightly bigger as the LW cables get a bit squashed and dont come out straight... But i think a Peli would be too big once the foam is in?

Matt

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #2,793 of 3,902
I actually prefer the new case. More portable in my opinion.
Where can i get pelican 1010 ??

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #2,794 of 3,902
While it seems that LiveWires official encourage LiveWires, meaning blue left, red right,
many people ordered LiveWires, red left, blue right.
Why?

This is just a simple question from my interest
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #2,795 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've made some search and now i think i have the same problem as HeadphoneAddict and powertoold have with their FreQ customs - something called "resonance ringing"
frown.gif

My case in not that bad though, and it appears quite infrequent, but still it bothers me.
What is the conclusion about this ringing, will re-fit help me?

I don't think their problem was related to fit. There was either a problem with the drivers, wiring or sound tubes. I can't recall which and it may have been different for each of them.

However, if you can fix the problem by pushing on them, then that suggest a fit issue. If you got them to fit better, perhaps the "buzzing" would go away.

You should probably call earpiece and describe what you're hearing to them.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2,796 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While it seems that LiveWires official encourage LiveWires, meaning blue left, red right,
Why?

For me red is instinctively left - lanterns on boats, childrens toys, political colours. At least here in Sweden I must say that the natural meaning of red is left. Right OTOH is most naturally green, but blue is an okay substitution.

I ordered my left as red and my right as clear, for me that was the most natural choice. Hopefully they'll come out with nice sound and good fit
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #2,797 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why?

This is just a simple question from my interest
smily_headphones1.gif

Very good question..

I dont know the real answer, but i chose red/blue because i was boring & copied someone else
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #2,798 of 3,902
Ordered mine today. Red=Right / Blue=Left.

I chose red/blue/black mainly because there were several pictures of this color combo and I thought they looked pretty sweet.

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #2,799 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbird1927 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually prefer the new case. More portable in my opinion.
Where can i get pelican 1010 ??

Doesnt hold all your gear though...

--

Mine are Blue for left and red for right... is that not normal? I thought all all customs the coloured dot/writing that shows which fits which ear was always that way around?

New smilies, and old ones back! Still not Etysmile red/blue one though
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #2,800 of 3,902
This is a little off subject, but I need to know if I was outta line here. I am part of a worship band and mission team for a church. Do you think it unreasonable to ask LW if they would be willing to donate a second pair for backup (I am personally purchasing the first) for a tax deductable receipt? I didn't think so, but I feel a little weird about the response I got. I know that these are "left coast" guys... maybe that was just it.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #2,801 of 3,902
Sorry, are you saying you asked for a free pair of Livewires, the answer was no, and you want to know if you are right to be upset? If so, then my answer is "No" you are not right to be upset. Livewires are a business not a charity.

If I have misunderstood the question then I apologise.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #2,802 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkus79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CaseClosed.jpg

Yeah, the new case sucks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkus79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NewCaseFull.jpg

That, on the other hand, is really nice! Did you have to customize it at all or does it come like that? I wouldn't mind buying one!

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #2,803 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaunty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, are you saying you asked for a free pair of Livewires, the answer was no, and you want to know if you are right to be upset? If so, then my answer is "No" you are not right to be upset. Livewires are a business not a charity.

If I have misunderstood the question then I apologise.

---

No, that's not really my question. I am not at all upset that they said no. Of course they are a business out to make money, and they got a little chunk of mine yesterday. I was just wondering if ME ASKING if they would consider a tax deductable donation was out of line. I didn't gain nor loose anything by asking, and their "no" response was not surprising. I am not sure how often LW staff check this forum, but obviously it will be easy for them to identify me... The person on the phone when I asked this question had a verbal tone and inflection that led me to believe that he thought this proposition was jokingly unreasonable. He may not have intended to sound like that and granted, I am not accusing him of being like that. It was just my impression. So really, I guess I should just drop it and start looking forward to getting my LW and begin saving for my backup set. The whole conversation just left me wondering if I was an idiot for even asking.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2,804 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the new case sucks!

That, on the other hand, is really nice! Did you have to customize it at all or does it come like that? I wouldn't mind buying one!

The foam in the bottom actually came as a brick, but there are perferations in it so you can 'pick' the pieces out you don't want. I used some tweezers to modify mine.

1010 Series : Boss Safety Products

That's where I got mine from with the 'Pick n' pluck' foam insert. You don't have to use it, but I wanted something a little more secure. The inside of the case actually has a rubber lining on the bottom, and a smaller dense foam pad in the top. The gray foam in the top of mine is actually a piece of packing foam I had around the office that I cut to fit for a little better protection. No doubt these cases are tough, they feel really well built. I haven't put it through any 'tests' but I'm anal about that stuff and don't want to scratch it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #2,805 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFDrummer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
---

No, that's not really my question. I am not at all upset that they said no. Of course they are a business out to make money, and they got a little chunk of mine yesterday. I was just wondering if ME ASKING if they would consider a tax deductable donation was out of line. I didn't gain nor loose anything by asking, and their "no" response was not surprising. I am not sure how often LW staff check this forum, but obviously it will be easy for them to identify me... The person on the phone when I asked this question had a verbal tone and inflection that led me to believe that he thought this proposition was jokingly unreasonable. He may not have intended to sound like that and granted, I am not accusing him of being like that. It was just my impression. So really, I guess I should just drop it and start looking forward to getting my LW and begin saving for my backup set. The whole conversation just left me wondering if I was an idiot for even asking.

Nah, you aren't an idiot for asking. I suspect you might be good in a sales job. If you never make calls, you won't make sales, right? At least you asked. You were just optimistic that there was a chance they would go for the idea.

Personally, I don't think there was any chance, but then again I don't donate to a lot of charities. I prefer to buy that homeless guy asking me for change some food
wink.gif

Perhaps the person you spoke with is more like myself and was shocked that you asked. You asked, they said no, oh well. Don't let it bother you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back