Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jul 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #2,776 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like it's a fit problem. If you insert them and they are comfortable, yet you can move them and increase SQ, I'd say they aren't fitting correctly. My advice is to take them to your audiologist and let them look at the headphones. If you are going to send them back for an adjustment, do it asap. It's far easier to be without them again early on. If the fit is pretty good, but not perfect, it gets harder and harder to part with them. Right now you haven't really gotten used to having them
wink.gif

The only problem is that in about three weeks, I'll be going to Metal Mayhem Fest down in Atlanta. I'm not much of a metal-head, but LOVE roadtrips and really like DragonForce. Other than that, it would be cool to watch Slipknot perform. Sync their performance along with, say, some Mozart and you have QUALITY entertainment. Also, going deaf doesn't sound like an appealing thing. After the concert, I'm driving back to LW, explaining the problem, get some black backs put on, and also get a brand-new mold done on my right ear. This time I'll make sure they clean out the right ear of any wax at all just to make sure. Using the pink noise generator, I've been able to find a position where the sound doesn't change as I move the jaw around. Will it work for three weeks? Sure. But it would be much better if it were more like the left which is harder to put in, but once it's in, it sounds great!

And GREAT pics, Styrbjorn! You should really enjoy them! They bring a better sound the Shures as double the price and probably match even the triple-priced UEs!

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #2,778 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get it sorted now. Its easier to get them to cooperate now, and its easier for you to let go of them for another few weeks!

Did not get it, sorry (must be language issue, my english is not very good).
Do you think i should send my phones to LW team, and don't try to get used to them as they are?

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #2,779 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, i already talked with Art, and just now have send him two more letters
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not canal part of ear which cause a problem, it's a part with number and name:
probmlemrm5.jpg

Honestly i can't really say is it a problem or just lack of habit.
Today i listened to music during 2 hours, and feeled a little
annoyance, but not a pain.

Try and give it a week, if it still annoys the hell out of you I would definitely either send them back or try and fix the problem myself. Just mail the guys behind LW now so that they are notified that you are having some form of fit problem. Based from the picture it looks like the faceplate is tilted a bit, hard to say from a picture.

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #2,780 of 3,902
Quote:

Did not get it, sorry (must be language issue, my english is not very good).
Do you think i should send my phones to LW team, and don't try to get used to them as they are?

Leave it a week or two, then your ears will be used to them.

If not and they are still a problem, send them back as soon as possible as the service is not great at the moment and you will get a reply and the service you want quicker and earlier.

Also once you have had them for a few months you wont be able to cope the 3weeks+ it will take to get them back as you will love them so much!

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #2,782 of 3,902
Quote:

Does anyone use LW for sport, running or any other intense activity?
Just found that mine easily break the seal during running
frown.gif
Is it their normal behaviour, or fit should stay perfect no matter what?

Does your seal break when you move your jaw? That would indicate the seal is already borderline. When you run, the "stuff" inside your head is sloshing around some, so your ear canals will change shape a little.

I often jog when I wear my FreQs hiking, and it doesn't cause my seal to break. The microphonics will usually increase, but those are only bad when you have a good seal.

So the short answer is: Your seal should not break because you're running.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #2,784 of 3,902
Ok, I know after reading all of these threads (for weeks now) that it really is to early in the game to get too excited, but it's kind of hard not to.

I am going to get my impressions done today! I just want to thank the LW team. They refferred me to an audiologist here that will do my impressions for FREE!!! (If you are going down this road and you are in the US, call or email them first as they have many that will do this at no charge.)

Now, all I have to do is come up with my color choices. I know why so many have gone red/blue+black. I also think it was a great idea to request your phone number instead of serial number on the embedded tag - thanks to whoever posted that one waaaay back.

One question for this post - for US residents, is it worth it to pay for faster shipping? Seems to me like 4-6 weeks is 4-6 weeks ya know? I want/need these ASAP, and would definately like to have a tracking number + insurance. Any suggestions from those who have been down this road before?

Thanks, you all have been lots of help with my decision to spend my money on LW T1's instead of spending 3x as much on another well respected brand through my audiologist's office. I can't wait to loose my wedge and bulky studio headphones!
l_c6b9a69d4284f918129450693365055c.jpg

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #2,785 of 3,902
Ouch! The left ear impression went 1/2 inch deeper into my ear and hurt going in and coming out. I still have some risidual pain.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #2,787 of 3,902
well, here are the pics of my livewires *finally*

This is the case they came in
CaseClosed.jpg

Here's the inside, you can see the little mesh section to hold the monitors themselves
CaseOpen.jpg

And here's my Livewires
LR.jpg

BothBack.jpg

I bought a pelican 1010 case to keep them and my zune in
NewCaseFull.jpg

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2,788 of 3,902
There is one more thing that bothers me with my new LW.
Sometimes, along with certain sound frequencies in music i can hear some extraneous noise like buzzing. It's definitly because of fit, all noise disappears if i slightly push my phones deeper in ear. And it's not an environment sound. More often it happends with my right ear.
Sorry for uncertain description
smily_headphones1.gif
Did anyone experience something like that?

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #2,789 of 3,902
trinkus79

Nice looking LiveWires, hope you enjoy them. I just broke my LiveWires plastic box this weekend at the gig and by looking at the new LW's pouch I think I will get a pelican case instead. The box broke at the hinges so there is really no way to fix it. Oh Well the pelican case should keep them from getting crushed in my gig bag.

Ace

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2,790 of 3,902
The $5 LiveWires-provided case broke at the hinges pretty quickly, too. I preferred a hardcase, so I'm using the metal case that comes with Ultimate Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back