Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jul 25, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #2,761 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFDrummer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, my question is - those of you who have great fits - what was the technique for your impressions? And those of you who have less than desirable fits - what was the technique for your impressions? I would guess that most of you did not get fit by John himself. If this question has been asked and answered before, please forgive me, but it seems like a semi-important question - yes?

My first impressions were done with closed mouth. The LiveWires came back with a fit that was too tight and painful, no bottom end which I think was due to the angle of the snout down in the ear canal.

The next impressions I had made I followed the UE instructions and used a bite block on the highest position (not end to end but on the sides). The LiveWires came back with a really great fit, nice isolation, comfortable, and plenty of low end when you want it.

I would advise using the bite block to get a great fit. I think most others would agree.

Ace

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #2,762 of 3,902
OK, now I have a question for all of you vets:

I've been listening for at least four to six hours every night since they came in the mail. To put in the LWs, I open my mouth as wide as it can go, twist them until they stop, close my mouth, and then push the LWs in until they're tightly in there. Obviously, after this, they don't go anywhere. However, if my mouth falls farther than its usual placement (e.g. a yawn), the sound clears a little and the bass increases. I'm hoping this isn't a fit issue, since they only came back a couple of days ago. Does anyone have any input on this? Sorry for all the questions.

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #2,763 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first impressions were done with closed mouth. The LiveWires came back with a fit that was too tight and painful, no bottom end which I think was due to the angle of the snout down in the ear canal.

The next impressions I had made I followed the UE instructions and used a bite block on the highest position (not end to end but on the sides). The LiveWires came back with a really great fit, nice isolation, comfortable, and plenty of low end when you want it.

I would advise using the bite block to get a great fit. I think most others would agree.

Ace

I used the same instructions and mine turned out perfect first time. But i'd say quality of the audiologist performing the impressions is just as important as well.

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #2,764 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, now I have a question for all of you vets:

I've been listening for at least four to six hours every night since they came in the mail. To put in the LWs, I open my mouth as wide as it can go, twist them until they stop, close my mouth, and then push the LWs in until they're tightly in there. Obviously, after this, they don't go anywhere. However, if my mouth falls farther than its usual placement (e.g. a yawn), the sound clears a little and the bass increases. I'm hoping this isn't a fit issue, since they only came back a couple of days ago. Does anyone have any input on this? Sorry for all the questions.

Sounds like it's a fit problem. If you insert them and they are comfortable, yet you can move them and increase SQ, I'd say they aren't fitting correctly. My advice is to take them to your audiologist and let them look at the headphones. If you are going to send them back for an adjustment, do it asap. It's far easier to be without them again early on. If the fit is pretty good, but not perfect, it gets harder and harder to part with them. Right now you haven't really gotten used to having them
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #2,765 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the same instructions and mine turned out perfect first time. But i'd say quality of the audiologist performing the impressions is just as important as well.

Whenever I hear about how important it is to have open mouth impressions, I get worried about my impressions.

I had my impressions done by John Diles and he didn't give me a bite block nor tell me to keep my mouth open.

I hope my Livewires are perfect the first time!

Jul 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #2,766 of 3,902
well, Finally got my livewires today. Only a few weeks overdue lol

So far they sound great, but I have been listening to a set of $10 JVC's for the past month so I'll have to give em more time. The sound does seem a little more to the left side of my head than the right, but I don't think it's enough to bother me. The fit and seal are both great and as of now, the vocals are amazing. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but they ship in a newer case now. I'll try to post some pics when I get home

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #2,767 of 3,902
Sweet, cant wait.

I love the case they used to come with. Waterproof, and big enough, just, for the Cowon D2, Livewires (crammed in the top), 3 SD cards for the d2, a stylus, cleaning cloth, and Livewire cleaning tool.

Maybe this will be slightly bigger and allow me to stop cramming in my Livewires in the top/lid. I have to put one ear piece each end or the lid wont close if they are on top of eachother!!

Thought i had no use for it when i had my ZVM, and didnt know it was waterproof so filled it with random batteries and stuck it in my psp/audio/camera bag. Now the D2 with a crystal case on it and a glasses cloth on the screen doesnt rattle front to back too much unlike my black d2 did without the crystal case before.

I used to just stick em in a soft Etymotic zip case, and the ZVM had a skin on it so was uncased, and wouldnt fit in the LW case nicley. Before Livewires i used the etymotic case with the ety phones like you should
tongue.gif

Matt

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #2,768 of 3,902
How does Livewires sound compare to ER4S ?

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #2,769 of 3,902
Hello folks, i'm one more LW fan
smily_headphones1.gif

forum01cg4.jpg

forum02ix8.jpg

forum03hw6.jpg

Got them two days ago (waited for 5 weeks after impressions were done and send). Amazing sound, very good isolation. Unfortunately, i have problem with seal in my right ear
frown.gif

It starts to hurt after an hour, did not decide what to do with it yet ...
BTW, my impressions were done with closed (but relaxed) jaw, may be it's a root of a problem.

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #2,770 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello folks, i'm one more LW fan
smily_headphones1.gif

forum01cg4.jpg

forum02ix8.jpg

forum03hw6.jpg

Got them two days ago (waited for 5 weeks after impressions were done and send). Amazing sound, very good isolation. Unfortunately, i have problem with seal in my right ear
frown.gif

It starts to hurt after an hour, did not decide what to do with it yet ...
BTW, my impressions were done with closed (but relaxed) jaw, may be it's a root of a problem.

VERY nice
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,774 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Write a mail to the LiveWires team and ask them what you can do. You could probably trim the seal yourself by sanding down some parts of the canal piece. You just got to identify what part of the shape causes the problem.

Yes, i already talked with Art, and just now have send him two more letters
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not canal part of ear which cause a problem, it's a part with number and name:
probmlemrm5.jpg

Honestly i can't really say is it a problem or just lack of habit.
Today i listened to music during 2 hours, and feeled a little
annoyance, but not a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back