Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 24, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2,476 of 3,902

freedommedia

New Head-Fier
So I found out some interesting information about my in ears today. They have been sitting at the Nashville office for almost 3 weeks. Just sitting there hanging out. They forgot to send them to the lab. The Nashville office called and apologized and are rushing them. They promised I would get them by Tuesday. We will see what happens. I'm pretty disappointed and it's pretty hard to believe that they will come on Tuesday. I hope they do.

May 24, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2,477 of 3,902

SuryA

New Head-Fier
Well the service is really long. They received the impressions exactly a month ago and since then, no news. Sent an e-mail through the web-site which was sent to John, no answer. I really hope they get them sent soon, I asked for fed ex 2 days shipping which is costing me a lot, specially international, hoping that with a three weeks turnover time they would arrive before I left on my trip. Now I think I'm screwed, I got an amp, Ipod LOD cable and a an ipod part to repair it all in express mail from all over the world (I'm in France) so I would get them on time, but finally the earphones themselves are going to be the last to come. Shame I paid like 100 dollars of express shipping in all...

May 24, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #2,478 of 3,902

StudioAce

Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I found out some interesting information about my in ears today. They have been sitting at the Nashville office for almost 3 weeks. Just sitting there hanging out. They forgot to send them to the lab. The Nashville office called and apologized and are rushing them. They promised I would get them by Tuesday. We will see what happens. I'm pretty disappointed and it's pretty hard to believe that they will come on Tuesday. I hope they do.

That's really lame don't you think. The Nashville office is clearly not the place to order LiveWires from. Well at least you lit a fire under someones ass to get them jumping. I hope you get them by Tuesday but it might be a little out of reach by this being Memorial Day weekend, but I would plan for sometime next week.
Best of Luck.

May 27, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #2,480 of 3,902

filipelli

Headphoneus Supremus
Dang studio ace, that sucks.

Man the LW service really sucks now. I mean, I am a fan girl as any, and I love love love my LW, but this service....way too much. Has the air of one of our favorite amp makers who don't send amps till a year later! Maybe not a fair comparison, but 1 month is a long time to wait...especially with little to no communication.

May 27, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #2,481 of 3,902

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
Have you guys tried to call them in Cali? They answered the phone when I called them. WTH?????

May 27, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #2,482 of 3,902

Elluzion

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys tried to call them in Cali? They answered the phone when I called them. WTH?????

Yeah i call them in cali all the time and they always answer. Forget email..

May 27, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #2,483 of 3,902

Styrbjorn

New Head-Fier
Guys, could you please post spec of this phones? I'm interested in impedance and sensibility.
Do you hear any hiss with standart cable?
Does cable with 50-ohm resistor degrade SQ anyhow? Which one should i order to use with Cowon 7? (i've heared that cowon d2 has bass roll-off with low impedance phones, don't know about cowon 7 though)

May 27, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #2,486 of 3,902

Styrbjorn

New Head-Fier
Heh, my english is not very good
redface.gif

BTW, do you hear any hiss with you D2? Which cable version do you have?

May 27, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2,487 of 3,902

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
I hear some hiss, but minimal, with music paused.

Music on, none, even quietly (1-2!) on quiet songs!

The Jet Effects are fantastic, Makes livewires even more bassy, with no loss in highs! I love highs, but hate more bass, livewires are amazing without effects, but oodles of bass, and just as good highs! I love a good all round sound! Generally, loads of bass = no detail, and no good highs!!

I have the standard cable.

Matt

EDIT: Did you go to the match last wednesday? Chelsea or Man United? Chelsea here
frown.gif

May 27, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2,488 of 3,902

Elluzion

Headphoneus Supremus
i just called earpeace for my refund and john diles picked up. I mentioned the money issue and it wasn't good, i got the guilt trippp. I didn't mean it the way i said it but it was too late. I sent him an email appologizing and saying that it wasn't because of the money, hopefully he will forgive me. I feel really bad.

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread