Livewire questions
Jul 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

BaudlyDamage

100+ Head-Fier
So i just got my livewire duals in the mail after an uber delay of 12 weeks. 

They fit perfectly but i have a couple questions. first off, they got the colors wrong and it doesnt bother me that much but is that somehting worth bringing up in a converstaion? 

The second question i had was if they were suposed to come with a case. mine came in a plastic bag inside a prioroity mail box. in other pictures ive seen cases and waterproof containers with thier logo on them. should i have gotten a case?

Thanks guys!

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 20
In a plastic bag? Really?

Jeez...

Yes, they're supposed to arrive with a small case with a cleaning tool as well.

And if they got the colors wrong, YES...tell them!

If you can get ahold of them.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 20
So i decided to call them. They said sorry about the colors, i dont relay care about that though. just made the faceplate clear instead of black. 

They said that they were out of cases at the time but will be shipping some soon. 

The cable that i got with them doesnt match the discription of either that was listed on thier site. have no idea where they got this thing. 

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 20
Damn.  They just shipped mine, and I ordered mine in March.  I hope I don't have the same problem.  They've been really shaky since I've ordered them.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 20
Alright.  I just received my package.  I didn't get a case since they are out of cases.  And I didn't even receieve the monitors.  The only thing that was in the box was a black cable.  And I ordered a clear one...
This company is seriously irritating me.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 20
Although there is a possibility that the monitors were sent seperately.

Jul 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 20
I somehow put the warning spoiler by accident xD.

Yeah according to them.  They are sending the monitors separately.  Should get them tomorrow. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 20
Just received my monitors.  They are the correct color!  The fit is great.  The only thing I am disappointed with is the cable.  Also the fact there is no case, which should be set out when they get more xD

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #12 of 20
Their case isn't that great and you could always get a good case such as the pelican ones for around 10 bucks or so. I got the case Livewires comes with and I wasn't impressed for a custom earphone.

Why are you disappointed about the cable? I'm glad it worked out for you however.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #13 of 20
The cable seems cheap.  I also asked for a clear one I think.  Although again I ordered in March so I can't even remember xD.  It's also possible that I am very picky.  Although I'm pretty happy so far with the Trips.  Fit is great, and quality is fantastic.  This is my first custom so I can't really compare to the world of customs.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #14 of 20
heh they are my first customs too so I know how you feel. I got them remolded instead of buying from them direct since I didn't want to deal with their wait and the company in general. I think as long as it works you shouldn't complain in the case with Livewires.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #15 of 20
Oh I found out the problem with the wire.  I just realized I got this e-mail for John Diles:
I shipped a cable to you today by US Priority mail. Here's the deal with the cable...it is working fine, but was out briefly with a very prominent tour. We are getting a large shipment of our new cables in this week, but wanted to send you one that will suffice until we send you another of our new braided cables. So, if you see that the cable that you are about to get looks like it has been used slightly, it has. But, it is easily the best quality, most reliable cable I have to ship to you

I was wondering why there was paint on it and a piece of hair I didn't recognize lol. 

Yeah I'm really happy.  Only negative was the 5 month wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back