Livesoundwave.com and Head-Fi promotion - $50 off orders of $200 or more!
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

livesoundwave

Member of the Trade: LiveSoundWave
Hello!   Livesoundwave.com is currently running a special for all head-fi users.   You will get $50 off any item over $200 by entering the promo code "headfi" at checkout!   We carry a large assortment of brands to fit your lifestyle and budget.   Not sure which headphones or earphones to choose?  Hit us up in the comments below and we'll be glad to help you choose the best set of cans for your head.

We carry major brands like the ones below and much more!    www.livesoundwave.com 

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 25
How long will this deal last?

Also, I'm interested what you guys would recommend for me.

I prefer IEMs, as I'm not home most of the time and prefer practicality for portable use. 

I need very high isolation like sub-HF5 if possible.

I would like the cable to be 1 meter or longer.

I don't mind a mic but as long as its not extremely chunky ie. Bluedio S2.

I prefer a slightly V-shaped sound with a tasteful emphasis in the female vocals without making male vocals sound nasal and without sounding harsh ie. being CKR10. Can't stand sibilance.

I also already have tried the Shure SE215 and did not like them. 

Looking at a budget around $200-300.

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 25
Correct, it is 1750 after discount.   We are an authorized dealer so all products come with full manufacturer warranties.  We do run various discounts and contests from time to time so to be notified of these promos you can sign up on our newsletter.  The newsletter sign up box is near the bottom of our homepage!

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 25
Sweet I'll take a look @ what y'all got stocked.  
dt880smile.png

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #9 of 25
I could never understand how these deals really work at all for the customer.  GC does this a lot and it's always turned my head sideways trying to figure out why you would even do such a thing.  $50 off $200 is the best deal here...a maximum 25% discount.  But once you hit a price point of $500, the discount basically just scratches a little more than the tax off your total.  It goes downhill from there.  Or am I misunderstanding something here?

At $50 discount for something like the LCD's mentioned above ($1799 down to $1750)...that's not...that's...why...would I even--*head explodes*

With all due respect, I'm sure others find such deals as yours to be a steal for them.  It just doesn't make sense to me to spend beyond the minimum you require when you're advertising it like this. 
confused.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #10 of 25
I could never understand how these deals really work at all for the customer.  GC does this a lot and it's always turned my head sideways trying to figure out why you would even do such a thing.  $50 off $200 is the best deal here...a maximum 25% discount.  But once you hit a price point of $500, the discount basically just scratches a little more than the tax off your total.  It goes downhill from there.  Or am I misunderstanding something here?

At $50 discount for something like the LCD's mentioned above ($1799 down to $1750)...that's not...that's...why...would I even--*head explodes*

With all due respect, I'm sure others find such deals as yours to be a steal for them.  It just doesn't make sense to me to spend beyond the minimum you require when you're advertising it like this.  :confused:

Totally agree, which is why I did not buy the most expensive headphone :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 25
@fumobs, you are absolutely correct. We do run different promotions at different times which may include deeper discounts or value for what you are looking for.   I would suggest keeping an eye on our sponsor page or sign up for our newsletter to see what promotions or deals we put out there.   We will of course also post on head-fi as well.  

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #12 of 25
Grado sr225 out of stock

Jun 3, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #13 of 25
  How long will this deal last?

Also, I'm interested what you guys would recommend for me.

I prefer IEMs, as I'm not home most of the time and prefer practicality for portable use. 

I need very high isolation like sub-HF5 if possible.

I would like the cable to be 1 meter or longer.

I don't mind a mic but as long as its not extremely chunky ie. Bluedio S2.

I prefer a slightly V-shaped sound with a tasteful emphasis in the female vocals without making male vocals sound nasal and without sounding harsh ie. being CKR10. Can't stand sibilance.

I also already have tried the Shure SE215 and did not like them. 

Looking at a budget around $200-300.

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest!  The promotion runs until June 17th.  In staying within your budget, have you looked at Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear M2 , Fostex TE-07 , or Grado GR8E yet?   The GR8E is a bit short on the cable per your specs, but the TE-07 with its balanced armature type driver maybe more of what you are looking for in natural and transparent sound.  I'll get the team together and post some more examples here that will help you choose.  

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #15 of 25

Thanks for your interest!  The promotion runs until June 17th.  In staying within your budget, have you looked at Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear M2 , Fostex TE-07 , or Grado GR8E yet?   The GR8E is a bit short on the cable per your specs, but the TE-07 with its balanced armature type driver maybe more of what you are looking for in natural and transparent sound.  I'll get the team together and post some more examples here that will help you choose.  

I have actually looked at the Fostex TE-07 and the Grado GR8e.

Very interested in the Grado GR8e though I'm not too sure about its durability in its connector jack and on the earpieces (I would love to hear if anyone can comment on its durability).

But I think I'm just not ready to splurge just yet.

Thanks for the recommendations though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back