1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LittleDot mk IV (SE) vs Schiit Valhalla vs Darkvoice 3322

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by muh4ha, Jul 31, 2011.
  1. MuH4hA
    Hi there!

So I am completely new to the whole "Hi-Fi" stuff - never owned a headphone-amp or anything.

Now as you can tell from the title i'm lookin for a tube-amp for somwhere around 400$. If there is another
    one, I just dont know about, please let me know ... I'm not limiting to these 3 options. 
    I heard, that the LD and Schiit are rly good for the price and i dont care too much about the
    _no_rolling_ of the valhalla as of now. I just found no comparison of these so I'm kinda lost here...

Also: Is the 'special edition' of the LD worth it's hundred bucks?

I listen to all sorts of music (mostly Metal/Rock - but also psytrance and.. well, anything - so i'd prefer a balanced 'allround' solution) and i'll be getting a "Cambridge Audio DAC magic" as soon as a friend of mine gets to the UK in september.. 

I'd appreciate any help! :)

2. MuH4hA
    *selfbump*

Well - as of now, I'm leaning towards the DV 3322. Couldn't find any comparison yet, though..
    I heard, DV got some issues, cause of a company split-up or something?

Can anyone tell me, whether it's save to get one?

3. HeatFan12 Contributor
    Hello M...,

DV has no issues, the brothers split the company up is all.  I've had a DV336SE for a couple of years with no problems.  The MKIVSE is a good choice for Beyers (as well as DV).  Tube rolling galore...

4. MuH4hA
    Okay :)

So I'll receive the money on my paypal-account tomorrow, I guess and will then buy the DV 3322 from audiophilechina... or is there another good source? I'm from Europe (Vienna)...

Thanks HeatFan12!