Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Mar 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #10,921 of 13,430
I presume removing the board entails disconnecting the transformer...

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #10,922 of 13,430
... I guess I could use this as an excuse to upgrade the capacitors!

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #10,923 of 13,430
I presume removing the board entails disconnecting the transformer...

You have to unsolder the front and rear panels from the board as well as the transformer connections.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #10,927 of 13,430
Only in Shenzhen....

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #10,933 of 13,430

​Everything I've used with the c3g's has sounded good, 6n6p/ir , and my 6sn7's, EH, Philips JAN6sn7wgta and PSAVENE UK-6SN7. At the mo I've got hold of some Foton 1965 6n6p and they sound great with them too, my experience so far is that they pair well with most tubes.

Ok, challenge accepted. I had this week the chance to sell ony of my DACs which I was not using anymore to a friend, so I have decided to reinvest some of the money into more fun.
I ordered 2 Siemens C3G + a pair of adapters from Hong Kong. But it will take 3 weeks to receive them. Since I am not in a hurry I decided to take standard shipping.
We will hear in one month with some impressions. And it seems to me that I am the lucky person who does not have to cut any rings, since MK2 does not have them.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #10,934 of 13,430

Ok, challenge accepted. I had this week the chance to sell ony of my DACs which I was not using anymore to a friend, so I have decided to reinvest some of the money into more fun.
I ordered 2 Siemens C3G + a pair of adapters from Hong Kong. But it will take 3 weeks to receive them. Since I am not in a hurry I decided to take standard shipping.
We will hear in one month with some impressions. And it seems to me that I am the lucky person who does not have to cut any rings, since MK2 does not have them.

​Hi OctavianH,

Welcome to the C3G club!
smile.gif
​. I wont bore you again with what they sound like as I'm sure I've already done that just hope you enjoy em!.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #10,935 of 13,430

OctavianH:

As Scutey said,  You will love them.  They are dead quiet.  Look what they made me do (Ha Ha Ha)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back