Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,806 of 3,397
Quote:
yes this could be right as they are on the 4th revision (latest revision). i talked to david who confirmed (mine is v4 as well, purchased in june). their first revision used jumpers for tube rolling selection, then they switched to switches for v2, and switched back to jumpers on the v4s (not sure about v3). this all came from david so its official

OKi did not know this because on the net theres only the manual for version 2.0 but version 4 is the same as version 2.0 so then you can use the upgraded power tubes if you want .

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #2,807 of 3,397
Well I bought mine in July so not sure but it definitely says version 4 when I look.

Is it a difficult process to change the jumper settings when changing tubes?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm all new to this.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2,809 of 3,397
Quote:
Well I bought mine in July so not sure but it definitely says version 4 when I look.

Is it a difficult process to change the jumper settings when changing tubes?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm all new to this.

Theres 2 way to do this with a pair of socket adaptors and a simple copper stranded wire 20 gauge or smaller .First jumpers need to be on EF95 SETTING just leave 5 strand on the wire and insert in pin holes 5 and 7 IN THE DRIVER TUBE POSITION ONLY left and right channel and insert tube as usual pin will make contact with wire CUT POWER TO AMP FIRST. heres a picture of the pin holes 5 and 7you need to join with the wire to be able to play the EF91-92 TUBES andheres a picture of the socket adaptors seller is    happydiy998 on ebay not shure if he has any left but email him on is site and he will probably make some for you          

he is in China              http://stores.ebay.com/happydiy998

[size=large]EF95 to EF91-92 Vacuum  tube adapter socket converter[/size]
[size=large]handmade tube socket converter[/size]
[size=large]if you choose this adapter, means you want to put your [/size][size=large]EF95[/size][size=large] tube[/size]
[size=large] on the adapter to connect to the [/size][size=large]EF91-92 [/size][size=large]amplifier socket[/size]
[size=large]Price is for one pc, if you need more, please email us, thanks[/size]

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #2,811 of 3,397
Quote:
What are the stock tubes?

I have been reading people having ge5654 tubes as stock but my amp which is version 4 has sylvania 5654?

Are they the same tubes as the ge5654?

Same type with subtle differences maybe . For example i had a pair of 6AV6 westinghouse tubes i dropped one and it broke I also had a pair of RCA 6AV6 and one tube doest work anymore so right now i am using 1 RCA and 1 Westinghouse 6AV6 on my amp and it sounds great because if they are differences between the 2 tubes there minor in this case anyway

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #2,812 of 3,397
I want to buy my first tubes after having the stock tubes now since I bought the ld mk iii a month ago.

Any recommendations for music and movies?

I use my amp for both my beyerdynamic dt880s and my Bose companion 20 speakers.

Can any tubes drive active speakers well or are they only suited to headphones?

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #2,813 of 3,397
I want to buy my first tubes after having the stock tubes now since I bought the ld mk iii a month ago.

There's the voshkod 6zh1p-ev tubes which are from the e95 family. So if you purchased them they are from the same family as the stock ld mk3. So all you have to do is replace them and don't have to bridge or perform any changes. They have clear and transparent treble, nice bass for my senns and vocals are magnificent. Big soundstage aswell.
http://stores.ebay.com/Yen-Audio
You can purchase different tubes from here.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #2,814 of 3,397
Damn, my MKIII is buzzing when tubes heat up.   When I turn it on, there are only a couple of rly silent clicks, but its quiet. After 15-20 mins though, I heard buzzing trough headphones. On both channels equally. Anyone had a similar problem?

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #2,816 of 3,397

There's the voshkod 6zh1p-ev tubes which are from the e95 family. So if you purchased them they are from the same family as the stock ld mk3. So all you have to do is replace them and don't have to bridge or perform any changes. They have clear and transparent treble, nice bass for my senns and vocals are magnificent. Big soundstage aswell.
http://stores.ebay.com/Yen-Audio
You can purchase different tubes from here.

Cheers for that.

I thought tubes can be had for around $10, do they not seem a bit expensive at over $50 shipped?

Or is that what they go for?

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #2,817 of 3,397
Quote:
Cheers for that.

I thought tubes can be had for around $10, do they not seem a bit expensive at over $40 shipped?

Thats the thing you dont have to buy those i made  that mistake once because i didnt know better  like i just said on the other thread just bought 5 tubes for $24.50 shipped and imo they sound better and i bought others last week that cost me $2.50 each. page 77 is where its at 2/3 of my tubes comes from that page

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #2,818 of 3,397
Quote:
Cheers for that.

I thought tubes can be had for around $10, do they not seem a bit expensive at over $40 shipped?

Thats the thing you dont have to buy those i made  that mistake once because i didnt know better  like i just said on the other thread just bought 5 tubes for $24.50 shipped and imo they sound better page 77 is where its at 2/3 of my tubes comes from that page

Mikelap thanks for your help and input it had been a great help to me.

Could you please give me the names of three tubes which you would recommend to me and suppliers that will ship cheap to the uk where I am based?

Thanks

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2,819 of 3,397

Quote:
Mikelap thanks for your help and input it had been a great help to me.

Could you please give me the names of three tubes which you would recommend to me and suppliers that will ship cheap to the uk where I am based?

Thanks

here is where i buy some of my tubes      http://stores.ebay.com/E-S-R-C?_trksid=p2047675.l2563      and   http://stores.ebay.com/TheTubeRoom?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

ESRCis in Florida there youll find RCA 6BY6   YOU CAN USE EF91-92 or EF95 SETTING 5 TUBES FOR $15.99 U.S.ALSO Tung SOL 6CB6A ON  EF92 SETTING they are 4 tubes for$15.99 or 5 RCA 6CB6A 5 TUBES for $15.99.IN Canada theres 6CS6 Haltron Matsu****a on EF91-92 OR EF95 setting whichever sounds better to you if you want those tubes make offer of $1.75 each you should get them thats what i paid instead of $2.49 also those i ordered but didnt listen to yet the 6DT6 OFFER $1.25 instead of $1.95 you should get them. Tubes i like alot are the 6AV6 EF91-92 SETTING but you have to cut-off 2 pins for them to work and you put electrical tape over where the pins use to be so theres no contact those tubes sound very good i got 6 pairs of those i guess you can say i like em when your ready for those tell me i have pictures how to do the mod its childplay and they sound great you can get the RCA 6AV6 at ESRC in the USA 5 tubes for $16.00 regarding shipping TUBEROOM international shipping is approximatly $10.00 and at ESRC to Canada it was $8.50 for 5 tubes but you can buy up to 10 tubes for same shipping price i think anyways you will have to email him for total and shipping cost . Hope this helped

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,820 of 3,397
IF your interested in a pair of socket converter  ef-95 to EF 92 the guy in China has some they are $38.00 shipping included . The only thing you have to do is put the jumpers in your amp on the EF92 SETTING but the sockets on the amp and you put your EF95 tubes in the sockets so if you want to listen to EF-92 tubes you just remove sockets  no more jumpers to change heres the link    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-EF95-EF91-92-Vacuum-tube-adapter-socket-converter-/290958665979?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43be7ce8fb       By the way if you are interested  the guy only has a pair left .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back