Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first page)
Feb 8, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #3,647 of 4,154
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #3,649 of 4,154
I've had no response from my email so I don't know what has happened. I don't know if they're still making products, or whether they are selling through another company or what.

Does anyone know what's happened to Little Dot?

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,650 of 4,154
I've had no response from my email so I don't know what has happened. I don't know if they're still making products, or whether they are selling through another company or what.

Does anyone know what's happened to Little Dot?

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en...c-c-59?zenid=eec872e3780cb95361b034b5522c65ba

Perhaps this is them now, or they bought them. Last time I checked their forum there £900 balanced tube amp was the most expensive thing they made.

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,651 of 4,154
https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en...c-c-59?zenid=eec872e3780cb95361b034b5522c65ba

Perhaps this is them now, or they bought them. Last time I checked their forum there £900 balanced tube amp was the most expensive thing they made.

I have no idea why their website is down, but the owner Mr. Yang is pretty easy to reach through a Chinese forum. They are still in business and little dot actually came out with couple of new products after MK viii (LD-Y1 & Y2). Preparing to show his new amp in Shanghai conference I believe (LD-Z1). Anyways, I guess you could either buy their product through taobao, amazon, or AliExpress.

Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #3,652 of 4,154
I have no idea why their website is down, but the owner Mr. Yang is pretty easy to reach through a Chinese forum. They are still in business and little dot actually came out with couple of new products after MK viii (LD-Y1 & Y2). Preparing to show his new amp in Shanghai conference I believe (LD-Z1). Anyways, I guess you could either buy their product through taobao, amazon, or AliExpress.

Thanks for that information, do you have the link to the forum?

Or could a Chinese speaker ask what is the current position with Little Dot now. I would have thought that to be able to contact them on their website would be important if they are launching new products to try to get it out there.

Mar 24, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #3,653 of 4,154
I also have some thoughts that I wanted to talk to him about, it seems like he is only doing little bit of marketing through taobao or release his product info on erji.net lately. Anyways, I am actually giving my mk8 to him to fix some little stuff and upgrade, and I’ll let him know about his website and the horrible customer service his reseller has been providing. I got pictures of the LD-Z1 for people to check it out
A718E92F-E9EA-4ED0-94E8-43EDA2F38272.png

The price is at 16800 yuan, which is around 2370 USD.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #3,654 of 4,154
I'm unloading a stash of 12 pin driver stage tubes for the MK8.
You can check out my list of tubes here
:)
I will also gather my extra 6pin driver tubes for the MK6 soon.

I still have my MK8 which I held off until I decided on my choice to retune/refine the signature, so I settled on "Audionote kaisie" for the cathode caps position, & some silver film caps for the WCF position.

will post once underway hopefully this month.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,655 of 4,154

Not sure if you are still looking for their products, but Mr. Yang just posted in his group that they have a new distributor who can actually speak English and provide services. This is the site Mr. Yang post https://littledotus.com

Jul 8, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #3,656 of 4,154
Not sure if you are still looking for their products, but Mr. Yang just posted in his group that they have a new distributor who can actually speak English and provide services. This is the site Mr. Yang post https://littledotus.com

The site is blank atm!
:slight_frown:.

Jul 8, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #3,657 of 4,154
I still have my MK8 which I held off until I decided on my choice to retune/refine the signature, so I settled on "Audionote kaisie" for the cathode caps position, & some silver film caps for the WCF position.

will post once underway hopefully this month.

For the Kaisei caps, don't you mean Nichicon Muse? They made a massive difference over the Mundorf's we used for the original modding. The bass tightened up considerably. I don't know what the Kaisei's would be like in the LD. I have them in the APPJ. The bass on the APPJ is nice and tight anyway due to other factors so I don't know how much the Kaisei's affected it.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #3,659 of 4,154
For the Kaisei caps, don't you mean Nichicon Muse?
Yes, although I do have the muse(kz), which are very good, I decided to go for what I feel may have more depth.

In this cathode position, we had already placed nice paper/oil bypass caps for upper end, so my goal instead, was to increase capacitance for bass sustain, and then pick a brand that I feel will give me unique attributes.

The elna is known for smoothness which I not need. Then, the Nichicon KZ-muse is known for clarity and balance, which I already have.
But Then this kaisie is supposed to be closer to "blackgate" in attributes, plus in my research it was said to have more depth and life.
So we will see.
:)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #3,660 of 4,154
Hey Baron,

It just takes a while to load, but it does have all of their stuff in it.

Ah, yes I had to google it, your link didn't work for some reason!
:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back