Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first page)
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #3,377 of 4,154
meter 2nd light turns on later as usual after 1st light on awhile, still 0 reading and no volume.
Where to test PSU voltage U meant?
Measure B+ for output stage. Start by measuring at the bridge rectifier + pin, black probe to a ground point between the filter caps.
Then work your way from there to the filter caps, transistors and last caps of the psu.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #3,381 of 4,154
I got the reading 110volt DC, from rectifier both side , the other rectifier is 10 vDC both side, not sure is correct or not?
What do you mean by 'both side'? You suppose to have your negative lead to ground when measuring DC. Please explain.

Also, what do you mean by other rectifier? Do you mean for the driver stage? Dont worry about driver stage for now. But no, 10V is not right.

You should have about 135 - 140VDC at + pin and -135 - -140VDC at - rectifier pin.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #3,382 of 4,154
What do you mean by 'both side'? You suppose to have your negative lead to ground when measuring DC. Please explain.
There are 4 pin , positive pin read OL, negative pin cant get reading as voltage jump up n down , the other 2 pin 110VDC, thats what i get. I hope u can show me the picture which component voltage i suppose to measure, that would be easier I guess

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #3,383 of 4,154

Also, what do you mean by other rectifier? Do you mean for the driver stage? Dont worry about driver stage for now. But no, 10V is not right.

You should have about 135 - 140VDC at + pin and -135 - -140VDC at - rectifier pin.
I double check again , + pin 238VDC, - pin OVDC, the other 2 pin 110VDC, Thats mean something wrong with the rectifier or connection error?

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #3,384 of 4,154
I double check again , + pin 238VDC, - pin OVDC, the other 2 pin 110VDC, Thats mean something wrong with the rectifier or connection error?
Cant show picture now as Im at work. Based on your measurements I think you're measuring the driver stage rectifier. In that case voltages are good there.

Measure output stage rectifier. Its located by the relay and the big filter caps. It looks just like the driver stage rectifier.

Only measure the + and - pins. The other pins are AC voltage input.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #3,385 of 4,154
Cant show picture now as Im at work. Based on your measurements I think you're measuring the driver stage rectifier. In that case voltages are good there.

Measure output stage rectifier. Its located by the relay and the big filter caps. It looks just like the driver stage rectifier.

Only measure the + and - pins. The other pins are AC voltage input.
The other +pin read 21.5VDC and -pin 0VDC, the other 2 pin both read 10.35VDC

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,389 of 4,154
Where to test PSU voltage U meant?
Measure at same points that were measured on the PSU picture posted first page.
Check for similar voltage.
If you need help someone to show you it would be wise to get help from any electrical engineering student or electronics person.
Its ok to try yourself as long as you are carful.

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #3,390 of 4,154
Measure at same points that were measured on the PSU picture posted first page.
Check for similar voltage.
If you need help someone to show you it would be wise to get help from any electrical engineering student or electronics person.
Its ok to try yourself as long as you are carful.
I have checked all the AC in wire n perfect match:
White 6.81 VAC (Tube 12AT7)
Grey 6.81 VAC (Tube 6H30P)
Green 172.8 VAC
Blue 116VAC X2 or 235VAC
Yellow 15.5VAC X2 or 30.9VAC
The PSU u mention should be blue 235VAC which connect to relay I guess?
I just received Teflon wire so going to upgrade some wire & double check all the connection, will measure DC volt later if still not working

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back