Little Dot MK VIII SE Issues: SOLVED
post-15809413
Post #1 of 3

Jamil

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
My new headphone amp just arrived today. It's a brand new unit that was delivered in its original box undamaged. The unit is in perfect condition, but surprisingly the tubes were all plugged into the sockets while in the box. I guess that is how Little Dot packages their products. The headphone amp was originally released a few years ago, so I am imagining that I have the latest revision.

I connected my Tascam CD-01U Pro rack CD player to the input jacks on the rear of the unit. I originally tried the balanced XLR connections plugged into the Tascam's analog out XLR. I plugged my SE headphones into the front Phones1 jack. After everything was connected, I then powered on the Little Dot. When I power it on, it powers on as expected as from what I have seen on a youtube video about it-- the left channel lights up first followed by the right channel shortly after. The two DC meters in the front are showing about 55 DC milliamps of current each. I had the volume turned all the way down to zero and allowed the Little Dot's tubes to warm up a bit.

When I play music on my CD player, I hear complete silence through my headphones. I thought perhaps I must use the unbalanced RCA inputs for the SE headphone output to function. I powered everything off then used the RCA cables included with the Little Dot to connect the CD player. This changed nothing, and I still hear complete silence. I unscrewed the bottom of the unit to check the gain switches. They are all set to the default position of ON for both the left and right channels. This is the lowest gain possible, and my SE headphones are 600 ohm. I also tried a pair of 32 ohm headphones to experience the same silence. Both sets of headphones work.

When I initially power on the Little Dot, I do hear a click from the left channel followed by a click from the right from the headphones. This click is a little louder with the 32 ohm headphones. I am confused on why I would hear no sound at all from my CD player. I have the Little Dot powered on right now, and I do see all six tubes glowing orange and getting warm.

Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps to hear music from my new headphone amp? I currently do not have any replacement tubes, since this is my first tube amp.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
post-15809553
Post #2 of 3

Jamil

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I sent a message to the seller regarding the issue I face. I actually ordered this from China, but I am now seeing LittleDot has USA distribution too. I will try contacting the USA site with this issue too: https://littledotus.com

post-15810518
Post #3 of 3

Jamil

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
This was a stupid mistake on my part. I have two rack units in my mini rack. I connected the RCA cables to my SD Recorder instead of my CD player. Once I noticed this and switched cables the Little Dot is working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)