1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Little Dot Micro+ arrived

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by andrea, Jun 30, 2006.
First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last
  1. db597
    It didn't use to be like this. English summers are supposed to be quite pleasant. I guess it's all the global warming. The summers of recent years have been hotter and longer than normal. [​IMG]

Feel so sleepy now... can't work.

2. Andrea
    Yeah, I find the thing rather unsettling, too. [​IMG]

3. Andrea
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Andrea
    I received an email in answer to my question on whether in the XM3 one can use bipolar input op-amps like (I mentioned) the LT1361/LT1364 and the AD8397/AD45048. And James of Practical Devices answered that they'll both work OK. Great news!! It'll be fun.....

5. Andrea
    Also the AD8510 (single) and AD8512 (dual) are very interesting, having 70 mA linear output current & being FET input too ...

6. Andrea
    That'll be the ending match for the World Cup [​IMG]

7. davidgao007
    LDM+ can't drive HD650 adequately, try Little Dot III or at least II.

8. Andrea
    What do you mean with adequately? In terms of sheer power, it indeed can. It can output over 20 mW on 300 ohms on 5V power (internally doubled to +/- 5V). In terms of sheer quality, of course, a $.70 chip won't bring heaven down on earth [​IMG] But even in quality I find it does more than it's supposed to (I like it better than the AD8397 that was in my Go-Vibe 4).

9. Zowbombs
    Do you find using the wallwart improves over just the battery alone?

10. Andrea
    Yes, the midrange is a touch smoother and perhaps dynamics improve a bit. However DC power is not necessary for the amp to sound fine with the HD650.

11. Andrea
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Andrea
    Back to our usual business. [​IMG]

The LDM+ pairs wonderfully with the HD485! I've just been listening to Lou Reed, Rock N Roll Animal (remastered edition). Wow. Liquid, rich, expressive vocals. Forceful tight bass. Smooth treble. Great overall clarity. Wide soundstage. My perfect budget combination [​IMG]

13. Andrea
    [​IMG]

The interior somehow promises pretty good things, in my eyes. If it betters the LDM+, it'll be wonderful. Before switching chips I'll obviously see how good it sounds with the standard OPA2134. [​IMG]

14. Andrea
    14th post in one page, a real achievement [​IMG]

15. Zowbombs
    Looking forward to your comparisions.

First

Back
1 2 3
Next

Last