Little Dot III?
Dec 6, 2005 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 14
I think with the mass reported failures of it's predecessor i'd skip this one. Fool me once shame you, fool me twice shame on me...

disclaimer: never owned a little dot xx

Dec 7, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 14
hmm... this one.. i'm not so sure..

i received their initial pre-order offer on september 13. building process is about 1 week.
on sept 15, they told me building takes about 1 week plus, if i put in my order right now i'd probably have it within 2 weeks.
i finally sent the mo late sept, and he received it on oct 1.
on oct 4, the guy e-mailed me saying that they're doing a small modification to include the indicator for the impedance of the headphone you're using. they won't be ready until end of oct.
oct 23 they told me that they're doing the final testing and will ship the units out at the end of the month.
nov 2 they told me that the final cases has just finished their modification, and they are actually building the amps. they expect the get the amps out early nov.
nov 29, some parts still need further testings.
dec 5, they should be able to send out the amps within one week.
building process is about one amp per day per worker.

this whole ordeal has been very frustrating for me.
i just hope this is my final days of waiting.we'll see about that.
or maybe i should've just got a refund and bought the MF x-can v3 with a good discount their dealer was offering a couple of weeks back.
mad.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 14
there's a group buy??
when did they say they're going to ship your units?

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #10 of 14
I was part of the ipodstudio group buy for the LDII, and although I love the sound of the amp, I agree 100% with MikeW's post #2 above. From my experience, the runaround and hassle that shochu describes is just the tip of the iceberg.

IMHO, these amps and this builder have a LOT of potential if he can get past the QC and organization challenges.

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
nothing has been finalised yet, we still don't have 10 buyers. (5 at the moment, including redrich2000)

Umm... no one asked me!

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #13 of 14
Well I received (ok, my China office received) the LD3 on Dec 4. It's 7 kgs, about 1 cube foot in package dimensions...

I will have to ask my co worker to demo it for me for some brief QC...

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #14 of 14
Redleader: Lol, I'm not supposed to advertise group buys via PM or the amp forum :p Non-asian/australians _may_ be better off staying away, though. There's no guarantee that the total cost will be any cheaper after shipping has been factored in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back