Little-Dot II+ Years later
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GotNoRice

100+ Head-Fier
I bought my Little-Dot II+ in the summer of 2006. It's worked great since then for the most part, but now I'm running into a few possible issues.

The first, and I'd guess the biggest issue is that a solder connection at the bottom of the tube socket keeps breaking. It is where the metal that makes contact with the main center tube pin is soldered on. I've already fixed this before.

The 2nd issue is that the front resistor in each of those pairs of resistors is getting quite brown colored toward the center. It's easier to see the discoloration in the 2nd pic without the flash (sorry about the blurry pics btw). If you look at them close-up the blue paint also has small cracks in it where it is brown.

DSC05281.jpg

DSC05287.jpg

For the tube socket I wish there was some way to fix it and possibly also make it less fragile in general. I'm sure it keeps breaking because I like to swap the original Chinese 4P1S tubes with Russian 4P1L tubes and back every once in a while.

As far as the browning of the resistor, I'm not really sure how big of a problem that is. I seem to recall years ago there being a similar issue on a similar amp and it was said that it wasn't a problem, but I'm not sure...

The amp has always had a tube arcing issue on start-up which is a known issue with the amp and I've bypassed the problem all these years by simply not having my headphones connected on power-up. Not sure if that has contributed to any of these issues.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 2
gg i think I put this in the wrong section. Sorry, been a while since I posted on here
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back