Lite DAC-60: Relativly easy mods?
Oct 3, 2007 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Headphoneus Supremus
A long while ago there was a thread that had a lot of great info about the Lite DAC-60 and a bunch of easy mods you could do to it. For the life of me I can't find that thread. My DAC-60 has the stage 1 sonic craft mods already but I really am interested in hearing about any other mods to this dac that people have done that I could do. So does anybody know any?
cool.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Change the output coupling caps to 3.3uFd V-cap oils bypassed with Sonicap Platinum .22 uFd or V-cap Teflon .22 uFd. Sonicaps are a bit more extended in the highs, so if you like it smooth, use V-Caps.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks Steve. Would you happen to have a picture of the area inside the DAC in question? I know next to nothing about electrical terms and technical info, I am like a blind bat following instructions exactly to a T. Which caps are the output coupling caps? I see "bypass" mentioned a lot but I am very confused as to what it means. How exactly do you solder in another cap to "bypass" another? And here is a real noob question. Why would you replace a cap that is being bypassed with a good one? Would it not be in the signal path? Or does bypass mean something totally different?

Finally, what voltage rating should I get on the caps? I assume whatever is there now or higher would work?

Thanks,
Andrew

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 6
The coupling caps connect directly to the RCA connectors. Bypassing means to connect the caps together in parallel: both side A's connect together and both side B's connect together.

Steve N.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back