Listening to bad headphones is harder now...
Jun 15, 2004 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

james__bean

1000+ Head-Fier
The more I listen to quality headphones, the harder it is for me to listen to sub-par headphones. I was using my eggos at work, but I got sick of listening to them with their lack of bass and harsh highs. So I've been taking my AT's to work, but I forgot them there and now all I have is my eggos for the night
frown.gif
Now that I'm listening to them on my home setup, I notice their faults even more. Man, three months ago I wouldn't have had a problem. Now look what you've done to me
mad.gif

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 8
i am probably going to give my girlfriend my eggos soon as she thinks they are the greatest headphones she has ever heard. She thought the near $100 price tag was insane though... Good thing I havent told her about my new SR225's and amp yet.

Jun 15, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 8
SR225's + RA1 at home & iPod + ER4/SR60 at work and I'm a happy camper.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll never sell those SR60's. I'm continually impressed with them. Sure they're not as balanced or as full sounding as the SR225's, but they still hold their own.

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by superjohnny
SR225's + RA1 at home & iPod + ER4/SR60 at work and I'm a happy camper.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll never sell those SR60's. I'm continually impressed with them. Sure they're not as balanced or as full sounding as the SR225's, but they still hold their own.

Totally, I agree. See, the key is having good "crappy" cans. Ditch those eggos!
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Listening to bad headphones is harder now...

2 days ago i went to circuit city and somehow tried the sony V600...god it was bad. 9 months ago i thought bose triport was the best headphones ever made, lol.
thank you head-fi for opening my eyes and ears.

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 8
In a way, the best headphones I have ever owned were my Sennheiser HD400s, purchased in January 1980. I had no complaints, they sounded just great since I did not know of anything better. If only I could be in that innocent state of mind again.

Regards,

L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back