LISA III With Westone 3, later Westone ES3X
Apr 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Tidus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys i plan buy LISA III after all research on this great forum ... but i want ask if it si problem with IEMs and LISA???any hiss...i have Westone 3 and later it will be ES3X maybe UE 11. I will ask if it is worth...or any problem with???

thanx for info friends
o2smile.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 12

travisg

500+ Head-Fier
i have a lisa 3 with westone 3 and the sound is awesome the best i have heard other than my apuresound er4s

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 12

robojack

500+ Head-Fier
Since you posted in the Portable Amps section, I'm assuming you want something that's somewhat portable or transportable? In that case, I would recommend a RSA Predator or P-51, as both have great synergy with the Westone 3's (Ray Samuels himself used the W3s for testing against the P-51 and Predator).

Apr 27, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 12

FreeBlues

100+ Head-Fier
I don't have Westone IEM's, I have UE-11's. I also own both the Lisa and P-51.

To the op's question of "issues" with IEM's and the Lisa, no, it works perfectly. The volume control will be quite sensitive, but nothing really important. There is absolutely zero, none, nada hiss.

Comparing the P-51 and the Lisa, if sq is your only concern, get the Lisa. The P-51 is very, very good, maybe the second best amp I've heard with the UE-11's, the Lisa is a couple steps better. The P-51 gets lots of well justified praise for its mids, the Lisa is every bit as good, possibly better. The highs from the Lisa are the very best in the world, best by a pretty significant degree.

No disrespect of the P-51, hey, I own one! The Lisa is better, period.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 12

Tidus

100+ Head-Fier
Ye man, im decided to buy LISA III,, noo Mustang, ye im thinking long time to byu this one but in the end LISA III wins
smily_headphones1.gif
)ok im glad that there is no hiss
smily_headphones1.gif
)thats im looking for
smily_headphones1.gif
)if is not problem with UE-11, that it will be not with ES3X too
smily_headphones1.gif
)thanx for info
smily_headphones1.gif
)
dt880smile.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have Westone IEM's, I have UE-11's. I also own both the Lisa and P-51.

To the op's question of "issues" with IEM's and the Lisa, no, it works perfectly. The volume control will be quite sensitive, but nothing really important. There is absolutely zero, none, nada hiss.

Comparing the P-51 and the Lisa, if sq is your only concern, get the Lisa. The P-51 is very, very good, maybe the second best amp I've heard with the UE-11's, the Lisa is a couple steps better. The P-51 gets lots of well justified praise for its mids, the Lisa is every bit as good, possibly better. The highs from the Lisa are the very best in the world, best by a pretty significant degree.

No disrespect of the P-51, hey, I own one! The Lisa is better, period.

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 12

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
no problems with lisa and W3 here, but I use a nice impedence adapter anyway to give a bit more range on the volume knob. TBH there is a tiny tiny amount of hiss with W3 and SE530, but only noticable with no music playing and I can tell you the SQ is more than enough to make up for it. i'm in blissful contemplation of this as I type

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 12

qusp

no, I made my own, I prefer cable type ones, they put less stress on the jacks

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #9 of 12

Tidus

100+ Head-Fier
Yuo have iRiver and Ibasso D10 too. This is my second option. I cant make decision. What will be better:

Imod + Lisa III + W3 or Es3X

or

iRiver + Ibasso D10 + optical + W3 or Es3X

First one is more expensive and i ask it is worth to buy???
smily_headphones1.gif
))thanx so much my friend
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no problems with lisa and W3 here, but I use a nice impedence adapter anyway to give a bit more range on the volume knob. TBH there is a tiny tiny amount of hiss with W3 and SE530, but only noticable with no music playing and I can tell you the SQ is more than enough to make up for it. i'm in blissful contemplation of this as I type

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 12

qusp

yes mate its well worth to buy; actually I usually use iriver->D10 (as dac only)->lisa III->W3 shortly UM3X and ES3X after. I'm sending my W3 back to get UM3X and not long after I get thatm, I should have a half an idea of what the ES3X sounds like, so will be able to make the call with confidence. when i'm using DIYMOD I usually use a teflon VCAP dock, so i'm used to carrying 3 boxes. the iriver plus D10 is very good, but I use Lisa as amp more often than not

if I were to pick only one amp it would be; and IS lisa for sure, the D10 wont power my fullsize headphones as well either although it does more than a respectable job. PM me to talk further about you're options as there is more than you think. the ipod rig is more musical, the iriver rig slightly more detailed; they each suit different parts of my music and also my mood.

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #11 of 12

Bilavideo

Caution: Incomplete trades.
I'm new to the wide world of Lisa envy. What's the deal? Is the Lisa III that knock-down, drag-out funky-monkey fine? How does it stack up to the M3? When I read descriptions of this amp, the testimonials are so thick I think my own nipples are getting hard. Is this just fanboy banter or is this amp a cure for cancer?

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #12 of 12

qusp

^^ yeah its that good, but you are comparing a home amp to a portable there. I think it would be a close fight, but not a fair fight. for portable.. yes its that good. there is a reason it has been at the top of skylabs portable amp ratings since released 2 years ago; if you dont mind the extra size, Lisa = epic win

Users who are viewing this thread