LISA III : First impression at TraidAduio
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 32
So it looks like the Expedition version is only $50 more and it has a different (non-removable) battery w/ 50hrs of time per charge?

I'm assuming that the amp will come with a wall charger and the PS is for the desktop and home applications?

The price seems very fair to me... it's right in line with the transportable XP-7 + PS and less than the HR desktop line. Can't wait to get mine!
eggosmile.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it looks like the Expedition version is only $50 more and it has a different (non-removable) battery w/ 50hrs of time per charge?

I'm assuming that the amp will come with a wall charger and the PS is for the desktop and home applications?

The price seems very fair to me... it's right in line with the transportable XP-7 + PS and less than the HR desktop line. Can't wait to get mine!
eggosmile.gif

My understanding is that Expedition does not comes with a charger. A lab grade power supply (& charger) also by Phil will cost US$300.

But you can also get you own charger, as long as it meets the following requirement :-

"24 Volts DC Regulated @ 500 mA with a 5mm X 2.1mm Coaxial DC power Plug (Male)."

Apart for potentially longer play time, the extra power reserve of the Expedition Edition also has substantially increased Bias for the entire output stage allowing more depth of Image than the standard LISA - according to Phil.

This at least is my understanding.

F. Lo

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My understanding is that Expedition does not comes with a charger. A lab grade power supply (& charger) also by Phil will cost US$300.

But you can also get you own charger, as long as it meets the following requirement :-

"24 Volts DC Regulated @ 500 mA with a 5mm X 2.1mm Coaxial DC power Plug (Male)."

Apart for potentially longer play time, the extra power reserve of the Expedition Edition also has substantially increased Bias for the entire output stage allowing more depth of Image than the standard LISA - according to Phil.

This at least is my understanding.

F. Lo

For those that do intend to use it more for a "transportable" I hope Phil or Brad will direct customers on finding a charger so we can make sure we are getting one that is safe and dependable. The Coby charger for the Xin amps is pretty bad... I went through about 4 of them.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For 500 bucks it is a steal. I got the opportunity to audition one for a couple of weeks. Believe me.

Nice write-up, Gil. It's always good and exciting to see new products brought to the market.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 32
Wow I am REALLY excited now about the Lisa III! I loved the prototype I got to review, and this pricing info is great news! You can bet mine will be a woody
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I am REALLY excited now about the Lisa III! I loved the prototype I got to review, and this pricing info is great news! You can bet mine will be a woody
biggrin.gif

Mine also!
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #25 of 32
I wrote the review in an email to Phil.

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #26 of 32
The OP was going to correct the thread title but...
confused.gif

Phil - Are you going to include or link to where we can get a wall wart to recharge the internal batteries for the two versions of Lisa?

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 32
$500... seems like this will be around the same price as a prII after all. i'm sure it will be awesome!

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #28 of 32
I don't really see a big market for this amp. Hell people complain about the size of the PRII so what are they gonig to say about this? I'm sure its exceptional though. This just makes me want a Headcode even more.
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really see a big market for this amp. Hell people complain about the size of the PRII so what are they gonig to say about this? I'm sure its exceptional though. This just makes me want a Headcode even more.
frown.gif

I think there's a good amount of people here that are out of college and working in some office and these "transportable" amps offer a great way to get near the SQ of a home amp w/out lugging around a Headroom Max or something crazy like that. Of course it's too big for the subway and public transportation folks as well as the folks that walk around in public with a DAP, cans and amp but it's perfect for backpack to work and placing on a desktop for the day and then bringing home and connecting to my forthcoming Stello DA100
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #30 of 32
Man, the price for the amp is is getting better everyday compared to the stuff you can preorder. That would be a killer review side by side. I would love to do it. It would be interesting to see who would come on top and more interesting which is a better value. 500 bucks is looking pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back